Residential Youth Worker (BB-C459E)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
- Comprehensive Training, Mentoring & Ongoing Support
- Excellent Remuneration
- Join a leading service provider that develops flexible models of care to meet individual needs
Excellent opportunity for committed Residential Youth Workers to bring about positive outcomes for clients, in our residential placements in the Bayside and Southern Melbourne areas.
Allambi Care has been operating for over twenty years and is an internationally recognised provider of therapeutic services to children and young people. We have a passion for making a difference and bringing about change.
We directly employ a large range of industry professionals including clinicians, social workers, educators and other professionals who work alongside our youth workers in developing and implementing plans for our clients.
About the Role
Allambi Care is looking for professional & committed applicants to fill Casual Residential Youth Worker positions in our residential placements in the Bayside and Southern Melbourne areas.
We are looking for applicants who want to be directly involved in bringing about positive outcomes for our clients in a professional, team environment.
We provide comprehensive training, mentoring and ongoing support. Remuneration is paid at level 3.1 of the SCHADS award on successful completion of the mandatory qualifications (applicants currently working towards a relevant minimum qualification will be paid at the level 2.1 rate).
We believe strongly in being a child safe organisation and are proud of the systems we have in place to keep our clients safe from harm.
We also believe that our Youth Workers are the most influential people in our clients' lives.
At Allambi Care we offer 24 hour support for young people living in out of home care. The role involves providing direct care for service users in settings such as houses, schools, hospitals, community centres and emergency accommodation. As an employee of Allambi, you have the chance to make a difference in the life of a young person in care.
Daily Tasks include:
- Following a structured routine developed specifically for the needs of the service user
- Administering medication
- Transporting the people in our care to and from school, day programs and appointments. (work vehicles provided)
- Assist in the implementation of programs designed for the development of the young person
- Report Writing
- Building a relationship with the young people you are caring for.
To be successful in the role you will need to meet the following essential criteria:
- Current Working with children check (for paid employment)
- Current First Aid Certificate (Provide First Aid; Course Code HLTAID003)
- National Police Check (this must be obtained via https://www.employmentscreeninggroup.com/au/allambi/)
- International Police Check for applicants who have lived continuously for 12 months of more in another country in the last 10 years.
- A current driver’s licence
- Vehicle that can transport upwards of 4 people
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Ability to work a 7 day shift work roster
- Ability to follow protocol and individualised programs designed for the young person.
- Willingness to participate in pre-employment medical checks
- Two work related references
- A willingness to participate in a Disqualified Carers check
The following Qualifications are mandatory for this role:
The employee is required to hold or be undertaking, either:
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention; or
- a recognised relevant qualification (If you are unsure please ask)
In addition, all residential care workers must complete the three mandatory units of competency, being
- CHCMHS007 – Work effectively in trauma informed care
- CHCPRT009 – Provide primary residential care
- CHCCCS009 – Facilitate responsible behaviour
Allambi Care are able to facilitate the applicant obtaining the mandatory units of competency within the first 3 months of employment if they have not been obtained prior to applying.
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
No recruitment agencies please
Allambi Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
calendar_today4 days ago
work Allambi Care