Communication Advisor (BB-BA566)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
The Bureau has embarked on a Public Services Transformation Program that will establish a fully integrated national approach to delivering meteorological, hydrological, climatological, and communications services. This program will see the Bureau increasing its overall investment in our public services and our staff and will help us deliver on our goals that underpin the Bureau's Strategy 2017-22: contributing to zero lives lost due to natural hazards and to an added $2 billion in added social and economic value for Australia by 2022.
We are seeking an accomplished communication and stakeholder engagement professional with a proven ability to develop, implement and evaluate highly successful complex internal and/or external communication and engagement strategies.
The successful candidate's record of achievement will also include providing advice and support to senior staff to engage with their teams, issues management, developing high quality, well targeted communication materials and organising successful internal and external stakeholder engagement processes and activities.
This role, reporting to the PST Communication and Engagement Lead, will work closely with stakeholders to ensure communication are planned and delivered on time. This role will work closely with project teams across the PST Program, as well as the Bureau's Communications Program. For more information about the PST Program visit our website.
This position will suit an applicant with demonstrated drive and initiative and excellent communication and consultation skills. Experience in analysing, developing, executing and evaluating complex communication strategies and plans in a relevant field such as communication, marketing, public relations, change management or public policy will be highly regarded.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to the following.
1. Lead, develop and implement strategic internal and external engagement and communication approaches for the PST Program to enable the transformation agenda to deliver against agreed timeframes.
2. Work across the Program to develop appropriate communication and engagement artefacts through appropriate channels such as presentations, key messages, schedules, scripts, communications and leader toolkits.
3. Play an active role to develop and maintain productive working relationship with key internal and external stakeholders and leaders across the Bureau, including Enterprise Services Group and Community Services Group.
4. Produce timely and informative updates and reports for key stakeholders, including the Bureau Executive covering the effectiveness of activities, having regard to key metrics and measurements.
5. Contribute to change management activities and assist with the identification of support need from Bureau business areas to implement the change.
6. Comply with all Bureau work, health and safety policies and procedures, and taking reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of employees, contractors and visitors who may be affected by your conduct.
7. Commitment to APS Values, Employment Principles, Code of Conduct and the Bureau's Social Justice Strategy.
calendar_today6 days ago