Trainer & Assessor Electrical (BB-9653A)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Trainer/Assessor – Electrical
Full Time / Part Time / Casual Opportunities
PEER was established in 1986 and has grown to become one of SA’s largest employers in the building and construction related industries. We are a not-for-profit industry-based Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and Group Training Organisation (GTO) that recruits, employs and trains over 400 of the highest quality candidates for Apprenticeships in electrical, plumbing, data communications, engineering, air conditioning and refrigeration. We also provide traineeships in business administration.
With a strong local brand and multi-award-winning track record, PEER look to the future delivering services that are contemporary, demand driven and sought by industry. Our training meets the needs of the building and construction sector in addition to the career expectations of the Trainees and Apprentices. PEER embrace an academy model committed to combining training, coaching and mentoring, as well as delivering the highest level of customer service.
Every year, PEER provides training to more than 400 School students and up to 500 Apprentices and upskills more than 3,500 tradespeople. An exciting opportunity has emerged for a Trainer & Assessor to join our dynamic training team.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
The key responsibility of this position is to deliver competency-based training and assessment of units within the Electrical Trade. The Trainer & Assessor Electrical will provide training, assessment, guidance, mentoring and coaching to PEER Apprentices and industry-based customers.
- Delivery of nationally recognised training and assessment to students
- Conducting and reviewing of student assessments against set criteria
- Monitoring the progress of students against their Training Plan
- Supporting students to maintain continuity of progress and to achieve outcomes
- Developing learning and assessment resources
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of training materials
- Developing and maintaining industry skills, relationships and partnerships
- Using PEER’s LMS and training administrative systems with high accuracy
- Delivering the highest level of customer service
- Achieving business unit KPI's in line with PEER strategic objectives
- Contributing to the provision of a safe working environment
Required skills and experience:
- A high-achiever that is customer-focused
- Proven experience within the VET sector and with CBT
- Natural ability and track record in inspiring, supporting and motivating people through fostering a positive, creative and rewarding culture
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Exposure to working within a regulated environment
- UEE30811 - Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician or equivalent
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or higher.
- Note: consideration may be given to applicants not holding this qualification.
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake the following:
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Clearance
Due to continued growth, it is a good time to join PEER to contribute to our success in making a difference to people’s lives.
To apply click on the Apply Now button.
Applications close Friday 2 April 2021.
PEER is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RTO code: 7027
Learn with us, Work with us, Partner with us.
PEER – Trading in success.
calendar_today6 days ago