Offshore crane mechanic (BB-144BF)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
About this role• The incumbent is required to work offshore. Prior to travelling offshore the incumbent would receive a Work Pack relating to the nature of the job. Direct contact with the base should always be maintained, giving an up-to-date report on the job situation.
• Previous Crane experience
• Responsible for carrying out mechanical repairs adhering to client specifications as detailed on the relevant Job Card or Standing Instructions issued by the relevant Project Engineer.
• Carry out Inspections adhering to client specifications or to Sparrows Inspection procedures and guidelines as detailed in the relevant workpack/ site instruction issued by the relevant Project Engineer.
• Carry out testing of equipment adhering to client specifications or to Sparrows testing procedures and guidelines as detailed in the relevant workpack/ site instruction by the relevant Project Engineer.
• The incumbent is required to work onshore. All work will be directed by the relevant Project Engineer or projects manager. The work will be carried out adhering to client specifications as detailed on the relevant Job Card, Site Instruction or Standing Instructions.
• Ensure high level of customer satisfaction through effective customer service, technical assistance and prompt after sales service.
• Liaise with Technical Support Group for technical input / assistance.
• Being a Company Representative is required to carry out his duties safely and diligently.
• Required to participate fully with the Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Systems of Sparrows Services.
• Responsible for Company equipment. Equipment is to be operated and maintained correctly; defects must be reported and where possible, rectified.
• Responsible for maintaining the workshop equipment and associated tooling in good order at all times.
• It is mandatory that the incumbent is familiar with the Company's HSEQ Policy and takes an active role in the compliance and improvement of Sparrows Integrated Management System. The incumbent must report any incidents, near misses, actual or potential problems with products, services or systems to their Line Manager.
• The incumbent also has legal responsibilities under country-specific health and safety legislation to follow all Company processes and procedures and familiarise themselves with the emergency response arrangements applicable to them. The incumbent is also responsible for the health and safety arrangements of subordinates (if any) and for any persons visiting them while on the Company premises
• Level 3 mechanical/Hydraulic Maintenance Engineering certificate
• Certified in mechanical field (Cert IV)
• BOSIET + wet CA-EBS
• UKOOA Medical
• White Card
• Working at heights awareness
calendar_today3 days ago