Operations/DevOps Engineer (Cloud) (BB-BD59F)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Description:AdvertPeople make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We’re writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good... and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what’s right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. If you would like support with your application (or require any adjustments) please contact us at for assistance. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.Job DescriptionThis role falls under our Live Services DevOps team and is responsible and accountable for Sage’s online Product portfolio. The teams ensure our Products and Services are constantly available for our customers to use to run their businesses. This role is responsible for ensuring their Products and Services remains available, secure and performant. Using cutting-edge technology to ensure the services are designed and deployed to be best in class.
We are looking for people who are passionate about technology; inquisitive problem solvers, who want to collaborate in building high quality products in the Cloud, whilst enjoying the challenge of running trusted global services and can positively influence change.Key Responsibilities• Create, maintain, administer and enhance cloud environments, ensuring they are secure and scalable to satisfy operational, governance, product and customer needs
• Monitor applications and systems, proactively identifying issues and mitigating them to improve the customer experience
• Use technology and knowledge to design and implement solutions and services to simplify customer experience, mitigate risk, improve usability and to impact Sage’s goals • Perform ‘code’ and ‘code/infrastructure’ deployments
• Ensure that any key non-functional requirements around availability, security and performance are met before any product is made available to customers.
• Defining key metrics/logging and implement tooling that will provide all key stakeholders with information that will help identify improvements to the service on behalf of the customer.
• Keeping abreast of latest cloud technologies and driving relevant adoption across the global team to improve services. Change business processes to gain efficiencies and improve customer experience
• Enable continuous deployment cycles and on-demand deployment processes • Closely co-ordinate with product delivery teams to ensure that designs, standards and quality can be implemented improving the customer experience
• Take the lead during high pressure incident scenarios, balancing technical resolution and senior stakeholder communications
It should come as no surprise that we are always looking at new technologies, to give customers an even better experience. There is an expectation that you will have experience with some of the following technologies and consider yourself to be strong in 2 or 3 areas.
This list isn’t exhaustive, so don’t be put off applying if you have experience in similar technologies and are willing to adapt.
• Operating Systems: Windows and/or Linux
• Cloud Providers: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or similar
• Infrastructure as Code: CloudFormation, ARM templates, Terraform
• Automation and Scripting: PowerShell, Bash, Ruby, Python, Go
• Build/Release Tools: Git, Jenkins, VSTS, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, XL Release
• Databases: MongoDB, MSSQL, Azure SQL DB, AWS: RDS, MySQL, DynamoDB
• Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, PowerShell DSC
• Online Web/Cloud based technologies: Apache, IIS, Nginx plus Tomcat, Java, Passenger, Rails,
calendar_today5 days ago