Community Support Workers (BB-1797A)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
"Your Opportunity to Make a Difference"
- Working for a leading service provider of disability services
- An attractive and supportive work environment
- An opportunities to expand your skills and knowledge
We are currently looking for casual Community Support Workers with a great sense of humour to support people with disabilities. These roles are based within our centre based, drop in support centre and out in the community. Please note the roles are not for residential homes.
About the Role
Our Community Support Workers work both individually but also as part of a team and are sensitive, diplomatic, patient, remain calm under pressure, can use their initiative and work independently but most importantly have a good sense of humour.
You are expected to maintain high ethical standards at all times in their dealings with people with disabilities, families, colleagues, members of the community and other stakeholder organisations.
Shifts are predominately Monday to Friday during business hours however you may be required to support individuals on weekends or during the evening.
You will be paid under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 Level 2 - hourly rate range $28.41 - $31.00 plus casual loading and any applicable penalty rates.
ConnectAbility Australia has provided community based supports for people with a disability for over 25 years and we are now looking at the exciting opportunity for the expansion of support services to meet the growing demand of current customers with community supports, recreation and inclusion, domestic assistance, supported independent living and living skills training.
- Minimum Certificate 3 in Disability, Social Work, Education, Leisure and Recreation, or related behavioural science or relevant experience working with people with disabilities particularly in dealing with complex healthcare and behaviour support needs
- A criminal record check dated within the last 6 months
- A working with children check for paid employment
- A current first aid certificate
- A current drivers licence and access to a reliable and comprehensively insured vehicle which is used for work purposes
- NDIS Worker Orientation module completion certificate
- COVID-19 Infection Control certificate (Department of Health)
- Access to a smartphone which you are prepared to use for work purposes
- Intermediate computer skills
- Have a can-do attitude, high level of motivation and an energetic approach to supporting customers
- A high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills
- An ability to appreciate that all people have the right to respect and confidentiality
- Have fun – with provision of supports to people within their home and/or in the community
- Commitment to uphold the mission and values of our organisation, and abide by our Code of Conduct
- Ability to be flexible and committed to working shifts in our Community Support team
If you are a fun loving community minded Support Worker ready to make a difference in peoples lives, then we would like to hear from you.
Applications not submitted online will not be considered
ConnectAbility is an EEO employer and welcomes applications from people
of all backgrounds and abilities.
We thank you for the time spent in applying, however only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted if shortlisted.
calendar_today3 days ago