Automotive Sales (BB-D363F)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
- Exciting future with technological change taking over the automotive industry
- Follow your passion and do something you love
- Apply now to earn as you learn a Nationally Recognised Trade
A World of Opportunity Awaits
Love researching the latest vehicle technology and customer service?
An Auto-Parts Interpreting apprenticeship is your pathway to follow your dream of working with cars, bikes or trucks.
There is a huge demand for qualified Auto-Parts Interpreters with many career pathways.
About us ...
The Motor Trade Association of South Australia (MTA) is South Australia’s only dedicated automotive industry training provider, delivering apprentices with the skills, training and industry access to best prepare them for a career as an Automotive Parts Interpreter.
MTA apprentices are trained by industry, for industry, this means you learn the skills that are needed in the workplace which also includes practical assessments.
We train over 900 apprentices and employ over 500 automotive apprentices across a range of automotive trades producing the qualified automotive professionals of the future.
About the role ...
There’s an industry need for qualified Automotive Parts Interpreters which means more post apprenticeship opportunities than ever for young people wanting to get their start in the automotive industry.
Successful applicants will commence the AUR31016 Certificate III in Automotive Sales qualification.
This role would be suited to anyone who loves vehicles, customer service, solving problems and working with people.
You’ll learn how to sell in all areas of the automotive industry including automotive replacement parts and accessories in retail and wholesale outlets and become an expert in the sourcing and supply of parts for various types of vehicles.
Other duties include:
- Communication skills to help customers understand the benefits of the product
- Identify the make and model of automotive vehicles and equipment
- Consult replacement parts catalogues or computer databases to identify and source parts
- Promoting the businesses to the public
- Recommending suitable parts and products to customers
- Setting up merchandise displays
- Receive orders for parts and ensuring prompt arrival
- Assist with stocktaking
- Assist customers in repairing or replacing parts
This is a three-year apprenticeship, although a competency-based training approach allows for possible earlier completion.
About you ...
If you have a passion for understanding vehicles in greater detail and helping people, an Automotive Parts Interpreting apprenticeship is for you!
You are someone who has excellent attention to detail, a willingness to learn and is self-motivated to perform!
You are reliable and committed to seeing this apprenticeship through from commencement to completion.
To be successful in this role you need the following:
Essential skills & competencies:
- Passion for the Motor Industry
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to follow instructions, processes and procedures
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Friendly, have a great personality and enjoy communicating with people
- Completion of year 10 or higher
- Successful completion of MTA's pre-selection test which can be conducted at our Training and Employment Centre or Online
- Provisional Drivers Licence
The MTA is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 2293).
If you're over 21 years old, please read MTA's Adult Apprenticeship Policy prior to completing an application.
If you have experience in the automotive industry but not the qualifications, you may be eligible to receive Recognition of Prior Learning.
Take the first step to a successful career in one of the most cutting edge industries today and apply now for an Automotive Parts Interpreting Apprenticeship!
We are not asking for a resume from you. Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
No recruitment agencies please
For more information on Skills SA criteria click here or visit
calendar_today5 days ago