Service Delivery Manager (IT Services) (BB-E4070)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
We're looking for an amazing SDM.
Someone who is respected by both customers and the team they manage.If that's you, we want to chat further!
Overview of the role
Manage our technical delivery team as they manage and deliver cloud, security, network and other technologies for our national client base.
Your team are IT specialists. They proactively manage a broad range of technologies, resolve incidents and problems and implement changes and projects. There's a lot of work and a lot of competing priorities, and your role is to manage the team, their schedules and jobs/projects to make it all happen.
A typical (never boring) week
- Communicating (lots of it) both internally and with customers to keep everyone informed and on the same page and to actively manage the competing needs, challenges or issues that arise in a busy technical team.
- Scheduling staff for routine roles including proactive work, incident management and on-call rosters.
- Ensuring SLA's are achieved.
- Managing the administrative aspects of changes and projects including scheduling of resources, keeping projects on track, the project plans updated and everyone informed.
- Managing problem management and critical incident processes.
- Meeting with the sales team to discuss sales pipelines and resourcing requirements.
- Meeting with the Service Desk manager to coordinate work between the teams.
- Meeting with the Operations Manager (to whom you report) to analyse team performance and key metrics and to plan for growth in your team and improvements to team processes. Compile necessary reports and identify ways of improving efficiencies in your team.
- Approving billing for changes, projects and out-of-scope services and advising the finance team when invoices are ready to be issued.
- Coaching and mentoring your team.
- Balancing prioritisation of activities across customers and jobs to achieve the best client outcome and use of team resources.
- Building strong relationships with customers and being a point of contact for escalations and complaints.
- And performing some administrative duties including approving timesheets and leave requests, and quality checking and closing of tickets.
To thrive in this role, you'll need
- Significant experience in this or a very similar role within a Professional Services or Managed Services environment.
- Experience in the IT sector. Although this is not a technical role, you can't succeed if you don't understand the nature of the work your team are performing.
- Proven experience leading and developing a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage and control a high-pace environment.
- Proven ability to build relationships with staff and clients.
- An outcome-focussed, can-do attitude.
And what you will get
- Of course, you'll be working with an amazing team!
- Seriously though, we value our staff and their commitment to our customers and our business.
- We're rapidly growing and we want people who will both help us grow and grow with us.
- Flexibility to balance working in our office (St Kilda Road) and from home.
- Good salary packages and benefits.
calendar_today3 days ago