Aboriginal Identified - Youth Koori Court Case Worker - Clerk Grade 6/8 - Civil Law - Children's Civil Law Service - Central Sydney - Temporary until June 2022 (BB-ABE4B)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Description:Aboriginal Identified - Youth Koori Court Case Worker - Clerk Grade 6/8 - Civil Law - Children's Civil Law Service - Central Sydney - Temporary until June 2022-000087WJ
• Aboriginal identified Youth Caseworker role in the Civil Law Division
• Central Sydney location
• Competitive salary package up to 119K
ABOUT LEGAL AID NSW
Legal Aid NSW is the largest legal aid agency in Australia, comprising of a Central Sydney office and 25 regional offices in metropolitan and regional centres across NSW and a number of specialist services and advice clinics. Working at Legal Aid NSW provides the opportunity to support people with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, women and children, Indigenous people and people with mental illness who may experience difficulties when enforcing and defending their rights.
The Children’s Civil Service (CCLS) is a specialist team within Legal Aid NSW that provides holistic civil law and youth casework assistance to highly disadvantaged people in Sydney who are involved with the criminal justice system. The CCLS is a multi-interdisciplinary team, and works in collaboration with criminal lawyers and other stakeholders to provide wrap around civil law services to vulnerable young people, including children and young people who are in, or have a history of being in out of home care. The CCLS assists young people in a range of civil law issues including: consumer debt, fines, discrimination and advocacy within the out of home care environment. To know more about Legal Aid NSW and what we do, please click .
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be:
• working collaboratively with CCLS lawyers to assist and provide culturally appropriate support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people in the Youth Koori Court to address their civil law needs.
• providing short to medium term casework to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people with complex needs within a socio-legal framework.
• Supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people to participate in the Youth Koori Court process, and to engage with their civil lawyer to address their civil law needs.
You will have a passion for working with young people and particular experience in working with and supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people with complex needs. You will need to work flexibly and have experience in working in multi-disciplinary settings.
You will have strong interpersonal skills and have the capacity to identify barriers and provide creative solutions to assist your clients to achieve positive outcomes.
You will be required to work with a range of stakeholders across the legal profession and with non-government and government services in providing services to young people.
• Aboriginality (see notes below)
• Relevant tertiary qualifications (diploma or higher) in social work, welfare, psychology, social sciences or related field or equivalent relevant experience.
• Willingness to undertake a Criminal Record Check and/or working with Children Check
• Hold Australian or NZ citizenship, Australian Permanent Residency
•Current NSW Driver's Licence
calendar_today4 days ago