Registered Practical Nurse, LTC (Casual, Part-time) (BB-F9E82)
Found in: Whatjobs AU
Ready to make a difference in the lives of seniors? We’re looking for an experienced Registered Practical Nurse to join our team of dedicated health professionals. Reporting to the Director of Care, you will play a key role in our patient-centred, goal-directed approach to care. From evaluating clinical care plans to administering medication and other treatment, your role is as important as it is fulfilling.
A typical day might include:
• Fostering relationships with residents and families to ensure plan of care is resident focused and carried out;
• Evaluating a resident’s plan of care, ensuring the assessment is up to date and accurately documented;
• Processing and administering medication in accordance with regulatory requirements;
• Collaborating with and advising Personal Support Workers and staff on best practices related to the delivery of our health-care programs and policies;
• Supporting the arrival, transfer or departure of residents;
• Responding to emerging health conditions and medical emergencies, including the delivery of first-aid care.
What YOU bring
• Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse in your province of work
• Experience working with seniors and alongside Personal Support Workers, as well as education tied to gerontology, rehabilitation and long term care
• Current basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification
• Proficient assessment, documentation and communication skills
• Proficiency with technology including: Electronic Health Records, Electronic Medication Administration Records, Online Applications
• Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Check (VSC)
What we offer
• Technology to help you do your job better
• Benefits and Pension Package
• Excellent work/life balance
• Vision to support Person-Centered Care
Ask yourself if what you're doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.
calendar_today1 day ago