Construction Worker, Transport and Main Roads (BB-E4527)
Found in: Whatjobs AU
Description:Construction Worker writeAgency('Transport and Main Roads'); Transport and Main Roads (Organisation site ( ))
South; RoadTek; Infrastructure Management and Delivery; Brisbane (Hemmant)
RoadTek's Brisbane Operations have a vacancy with their Guardrail Operations team that are responsible for the maintenance and installation of guardrail as safety barriers across the road network statewide.
In the role of Construction Worker, you will support the project supervisor in the construction of roads by performing a range of duties with limited supervision. You will support the work crew in undertaking road construction and maintenance and guide and assist other employees as part of a work team and plan complex work activities, to achieve project outcomes. You will maintain strong relationships with customers, stakeholders and project team.
• It is highly desirable for applicants to have experience working with Guardrail installation and repairs.
• The recommended applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical as part of our selection process for this role.
• This role involves working in hot and cold work environments and lifting and moving heavy objects.
• Travel consistent with industry standards will be required throughout the State. This role involves working away from the home depot regularly (up to two weeks at time). You will be entitled to expenses and allowances for such travel.
• There will be a requirement to work a variety of shifts including day, night and some weekend work.
• Applicants must possess a current, valid Queensland "C" class driver's licence or equivalent.
• Possession of a Certificate III in Civil Construction applicable to modern transport infrastructure projects or ability to acquire one within months.
Highly Desirable requirements:
• Applicants to possess a current, valid Queensland "HR" class driver's licence or equivalent.
Please provide the following information to the panel to assess your suitability:
• Your CV or resume (maximum five pages) with a copy of relevant qualifications / certificates.
• A short cover letter (maximum pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities meet the capabilities listed under ‘Is this role for you?
• Completion of the online questionnaire for this vacancy.
Please refer to the role description for further details about this opporunity and who to contact with any enquiries.
Applications to remain current for months.
Job Ad Reference: QLD//
Closing date: Thursday, April
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights ( ) and diversity ( ).
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
calendar_today4 days ago