Professional Services Manager (BB-B3FCB)
Found in: Whatjobs AU
The ANZ Professional Services Manager manages the day-to-day activities in theAustralia and New Zealand Lenovo Professional Services organisation,consisting of Project Management Office, Service Management Office andancillary services.
A people management position providing guidance and mentorship on policies andprocesses, leading and guiding Project Managers, Project Coordinators, ServiceDelivery Managers and Technical Field Services Engineers.
This role reports directly into the Australia and New Zealand ServicesDirector and has accountability to the World Wide Project and ServiceManagement Practice Leads.
This role defines the value proposition, work plans, resource needs andproject allocation within timeline and budget for successful service deliveryand excellent customer experience.
• Management of the day to day activities of the PMO, and ensuring alignmentto the global PMO strategy
• Management of day to day activities of the Service Delivery Office andknowledge of the challenges and opportunities within the assigned account set,striving to consistently improve and deliver value both to internal andexternal customers.
• Champions project management standards and overall value internally andexternally and ensures the team is working within the framework of standardproject management methodology processes, tools, and documentation throughoutthe project lifecycle as aligned to the Lenovo Project Management Framework(LPMF).
• Ensuring Quality Project outcomes are planned and delivered on projects,meeting all agreed requirements and ensuring high customer satisfaction.
• Resource Management including recruiting, mentoring Project staff andService Delivery staff
• Ensure effective project management standards are used, including settingdeadlines, prioritizing tasks, and assigning team members to variousdeliverables.
• Facilitate Global governance processes
• Analyse Project related data such as Utilization, Budget vs Actuals, Risksand Resource Allocations and provide financial reports and outlines to theleadership team
• A moderate to high level of engagement will be expected to support the salesof services.
• Ensure crisp management of individual project and service aligned P&Ls androll up into local country wide services P&L
• Previous management of a large PMO / SMO teams within the Information andTechnology space with demonstrated experience in leadership, team building,and governance
• In-depth disciplinary knowledge; business acumen and subject matterexpertise.
• Provides deep subject matter expertise, advice and program delivery.
• Contributes to the development of new techniques and plans, processimprovements within area of expertise.
• Thorough understanding and management of customer business needs andexpectations.
• People management, especially of delivery staff such as project managers,co-ordinators, Service Delivery Managers and ensuring efficient programexecution.
• Works on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangiblevariables.
• Opportunity/risk analyses
• Cost/benefit analyses
• Pricing models
• Anticipates operational, program, and implementation issues and developspreventative measures.
• Adapts projects, programs or methods based on customer or business partnerfeedback.
• Advanced level Excel and Powerpoint skillsets.
• 5+ years of relevant experience leading Professional Services delivery teamsin a matrix environment
• Experience across Project, Program and Portfolio levels of PMO/SMO
• Interaction at customer CxO Level and proven experience leading discussionsand driving outcomes at this level
• Strong capability in PMI PMBOK knowledge areas to the extent necessary toeffectively manage or support projects.
• Demonstrates strong proficiency in the specific tools that are available andrequired as part of the Lenovo Project Management Framework.
• Strong ability to identify, develop and quantify, escalate and managerequired corrective action plans.
• Strong ability to ensure that effective project controls are in place tomonitor project or program performance.
• Strong capability at providing effective performance reporting to monitorthe progress of the project (Multiple stakeholders).
• demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills
• Advanced escalation management skills
• well organized and able to work under pressure.
• Graduate degree in relevant field
• Certification in a Project related discipline (Prince, PMBOK, PMI, PMP)
calendar_today22 hours ago