Senior Capacity Planner (BB-888C1)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Who are we?
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
A member of the APAC regional Capacity Management team, this person will be the SME for (predominantly) cooling and electrical solution design and validation of high-density or complex customer deployments within the Data Centers across multiple countries.
Space Planning & Design
· Creates various/complex Cage-Cabinet design options that respond to customer requirements, Equinix Requirements and physical site constraints.
· Maximizes space utilization to develop the best design solution.
· Prepares notional cage-cabinet layouts, area calculations and diagrams for each individual data center and the more complex and larger sites.
· Has a focus of achieving optimal space allocation to improve revenue returns.
-Engineer utilizes knowledge and skills to evaluate and solution High Power Density requests; optionally suggesting ways to augment or supplement the solution.
-Ability to analyze and project loads, providing support to CFD modelling.
-Demonstrates knowledge of how to interpret CFD model temperature and airflow plane results.
- Understands the Impact of Hot and Cold Aisle Containment on Data Center Temperature, Capacity and Efficiency.
- Understands the airflow management in a data centers
- Understands the impacts of deploying high-density deployments in a low-density Data Center when making decisions on HPD reviews.
-Understanding of electrical and mechanical topologies used in mission critical solutions.
-Working functional knowledge of Data Center Power Distribution equipment types.
· Solves various/complex, cross-functional issues that span multiple groups.
· Identifies and understands underlying issues.
· Understands when and to whom to escalate, but tries to solve problem first.
Data & Drawing Management
· Works with site operations to address discrepancies with documentation of facility infrastructure and installation of customer cages
· Ensures that AutoCAD drawings and CapLogix correctly represent existing status of the IBX; Identifies and makes corrections as necessary.
· Identifies and leads the investigation of complex data issues without support
· Produces drawings and space plans for use by Sales, Site Operation and other teams
· Creates spatial layouts of each customer cage which are used by the other capacity teams for their reviews and by the Sales Engineers and site teams for customer installations
· May supervise others to solve drawing management issues
· Responsible for drawing and inventory preparation, which may be reviewed by manager. This includes creating a numbering plan for new sites, compiling inventory list and preparing the drawings files used to track assignments
· Compiles as-built underground utility drawings as required to create a comprehensive record drawing for each site
· Collaborates with various teams to identify any power/cooling issues that affect space capacity
· Answers complex inventory-related questions from cross-functional departments
· Ability to engage and gather input from appropriate stakeholders to reach the right solution for the company and the customer
· Where planning decisions are in dispute between sales and operational needs, the Engineer is expected to attempt to solve first before escalation to the right level.
· Coordinates with various departments for the monthly reporting of capacity trends, availability and accuracy of records for the site
Capacity Feasibility & Optimization
· Works with Capacity and/or site engineers to identify power and cooling limitations, discuss potential modifications and develop more complex solutions
· Acts as the first point of contact for the CFR process to ensure that space is being assigned to maximize the value of our data centers by optimizing the efficiency of our space
· May supervise others to solve problems
· As SME in this role, this person will, at times provide informal training and/or upskilling of junior team members by way of knowledge sharing and/or shadowing.
· On the job training will be provided for internal systems relevant to this role as well as company mandatory training courses. No other formal training will be provided.
· There is no requirement for travel in this role.
· 5+ years experience
· Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent Experience
· Fundamental knowledge of Electrical Engineering
calendar_today5 days ago
info Full time