Meat Assistant / Wrapper (BB-0F107)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
- At times Above Award Wages
- Opportunity to work within a great team culture
- Excellent career growth opportunities
- Progressive family owned company that is flexible to your needs
Bernardi's are looking for a bright, bubbly and helpful MEAT ASSISTANT /WRAPPER for our Supermarket.
ABOUT THE ROLE....
The purpose of this position is to provide assistance to the Meat Manager in ensuring the Meat Department is well presented for our customers at all times. This includes the traying up of products, wrapping, pricing and displaying all meat in cabinet in all aspects. Also includes markdowns and ordering. The Meat Packer is required to apply safe work practices at all times.
In this role you will be Responsible for
- Strong culture of safety at all times including the correct use of all machinery including carton cutters, ladders and trolleys
- Maintain strict hygiene standards
- Traying up of products, wrapping, pricing and the displaying of them is the display units.
- Profit and loss management, correct markdown process to minimise waste.
- Ordering if required
- Cleaning duties including the maintenance of the display cabinets each day
- Weigh and package meat for sale
- Package products using manual packing and labelling equipment
- Apply hygiene and sanitation practices
- Clean plant and equipment as required
- Face up stock
- Neatly store meat products
- Undertake stock rotation
- Monitor meat quality
- Ensure sufficient stock levels are on display
- Other duties, as requested, as directed
IS THIS YOU.....?
- Well presented
- Professional and Excellent communication skills
- Customer service focused
- Understanding of supermarket best practice
- Enthusiasm to work within a team environment
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Recent relevant work experience
- Demonstrated understanding and willingness to provide excellence in customer service
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Willingness to complete Certificate II in Retail (Desirable)
- Ability to adapt to at times -a robust environment
We are a dynamic family owned company operating independent supermarkets in the Central West and Riverina areas of New South Wales. With a focus on fresh food, our vision is to deliver an exceptional shopping experience for our customers through quality produce, everyday lower prices and by supporting local growers and businesses.
The Bernardi Group have been providing local residents of Country NSW with an independent grocery alternative since 1969, with the first store operating as a fruit market. Bernardi's now operate large format supermarkets and employ over 500 people in the Central west and Riverina.
HOW TO APPLY....
We are not currently asking for a resume from you. Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role. Shortlisted applicants may be requested to submit a resume at a later date.
This is the perfect opportunity to join a supportive team environment where the company rewards its employees by providing great working conditions, ongoing training and up-skilling to set you up in a career.
No recruitment agencies please
calendar_today2 days ago
location_onWest Wyalong, Australia
work Bernardi Group