Senior Industrial Designer (BB-E2646)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
- Are you an outstanding Senior Industrial Designer looking for a new challenge?
- Want to work for a market leader and drive innovation within our product offerings?
- Join the established Research & Development Team of JELD-WEN Australia.
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world’s largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Within the Australasia region, JELD- WEN has over 70+ facilities, and employs over 5,000 staff. JELD-WEN is the name behind iconic Australian brands – Stegbar, Regency, Corinthian, Airlite, Aneeta, Trend, Kolder, A&L and Breezway. Our vision is to inspire our customers through leading brands, great service, innovative new products and solutions leveraging the full JELD-WEN portfolio, while significantly enhancing our ease of doing business built on operational excellence.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Industrial Designer to own the concept, design, and development responsibilities for the JELD-WEN product range (new and improvements). This role will see you becoming the ‘go-to’ or subject matter expert for any design-related matters, from idea to strategy to product improvement and performance.
JELD-WEN is focused on future growth by releasing unique new products that you will assist in designing and supporting.
- Design, develop and improve products using lean methodologies.
- Design, develop and improve products from concept/design scope to proof of developed concept.
- Project manage activities, as well as coordinating the implementation of changes.
- Actively improve processes where opportunities are identified and exist.
- Work closely with the Product Implementation team to resolve design details or discrepancies.
- Collaborate with Product Management to identify and visualise product opportunities.
- In conjunction facilitate design research activities and ideation workshops.
- Translate insights and ideas into viable design strategies and concepts.
- Present design work using a diverse toolkit (i.e. sketches, storyboards, 3D renders, CAD drawings, and physical prototypes).
- Continual research into new design products, technologies and processes.
- Work closely with Procurement to identify suitable manufacturing partners.
- Work with Product Management to manage the product lifecycle across the full range.
- Prepare and provide all relevant documentation for your design work.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in product design, windows or doors (highly desirable).
- Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, and/or Engineering.
- Understanding of building standards and legislation.
- Hands-on experience with collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Skills in graphic design, sketching, CAD, and 3D modeling.
- Demonstrable design portfolio of work that illustrates the capability to meet business needs.
- Experience with a range of materials.
- Continuous Improvement Knowledge (Lean methodologies).
- Understanding of marketing principles (i.e. Tollgate processes).
- Ability to adopt software systems seamlessly.
- Experience in multi-national business.
- Manufacturing or similar industry experience (highly desirable).
What's On Offer
- Flexible working hours
- Ongoing training and career development
- A competitive remuneration package
- Generous discounts on our extensive range of JELD-WEN products
- On-site parking
- Ability to schedule leave every year at Christmas
Your next steps
If you believe you can bring your design skills and experience that will help JELD-WEN grow its range of products this is the opportunity for you, apply now!
JELD-WEN builds businesses ethically and safely. Eligible applications must have legal rights to work in Australia, and undertake a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening, and have a valid police check completed in the last 6 months.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by the Talent Acquisition Team.
calendar_today15 hours ago