School Crossing Supervisor, Transport and Main Roads (BB-28529)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Description:School Crossing Supervisor writeAgency('Transport and Main Roads'); Transport and Main Roads (Organisation site ( ))
Northern; Customer Services; Customer Services, Safety & Regulation; Cairns
In the role of School Crossing Supervisor, you will assist pedestrians to cross the road safely and direct vehicles within the crossing environment to ensure the safe operation of approved school crossings.
- Assist children to safely cross roads
- Monitor and report serious incidents at school crossings
- Provide advice to pedestrians on safety rules pertaining to school crossings
- Carry out duties within the parameters of workplace health and safety requirements
Please see Role Description for more information
This position reports to the Road Safety Officer.
- This is a casual position.
- Applications will remain current for up to months.
- You may be required to work across a number of school crossing locations within a reasonable distance from each other.
The recommended applicant will be required to:
- Disclose any serious disciplinary action taken against them in public sector employment.
- Possess a current Blue Card. If you are successful in your application for this position you can only commence employment if you have a current Blue Card
- Pass a health assessment by a Government Medical Officer or other duly qualified medical practitioner
- Under Section F of the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act an applicant for, or a person occupying a School Crossing Supervisor position must give written notice for:-
a. For a charge laid or an offence of which the applicant is convicted before the application is made - with the application; or
b. For a charge laid or an offence of which the applicant is convicted after the application is made but before the application is decided - as soon as practicable after the charge is laid or applicant is convicted; or
c. For a charge laid or an offence of which the crossing supervisor is convicted after becoming a crossing supervisor - as soon as practicable after the charge is laid or the crossing supervisor is convicted.
Applications to remain current for monthsFurther information
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights ( ) and diversity ( ).
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
One casual part-time position available for months in Cairns.
Hours are . or . hours per day depending on the pedestrian activity.
calendar_today1 day ago
info Casual Part-time
work Transport and Main Roads