Assistant Financial Analyst, ANZ (BB-17DB0)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the purpose of this role is to support the Commercial Finance team, including the FP&A Manager and Financial Analysts, in the provision of monthly management reporting, regular forecasting and budgeting activities, and the business partnering function with Study Group’s Colleges across Australia and New Zealand.
Financial Planning, Analysis & Reporting
- Contributing to the delivery of a timely, accurate and effective monthly rolling forecast process.
- Supporting the month end reporting cycle, report generation and variance analysis.
- Preparation of regular reporting packs for budget holders, Executive Leadership Team, and presentations to support Budget & Forecast reviews
- Assisting with updating and maintaining various financial models (ie Revenue and FTE models)
- Ongoing development of reports and management information
- Generating ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Capturing operational and financial KPIs, as defined by the Commercial Manger and FP&A Manager
- Engaging in analysis to support improving the optimisation of our College network
- Business case analysis of new initiatives (new products, sales and marketing activities)
- Working closely with team members in the College network to gather information and insights.
- Assist in the maintenance and further development of the team’s Forecasting & Reporting system
- Facilitating & validating efficient and accurate data flows between various systems and data repositories
Qualifications & Training Required
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce or Business (accounting required)
- Working towards CA/CPA/CIMA qualifications, or equivalent
- Working with Budgeting and Forecasting systems
- Strong Excel modelling skills
- Working with large data sets
- Scenario Modelling
Personal Attributes & Skills
- Analytical strength, the ability to develop insight from financial and non-financial data
- Financial modelling skills - able to work with large volumes of data
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving ability
- Planning and organising skills
- Continuous improvement oriented
- Takes Initiative, with or without direct guidance
- Self-motivated, balanced with teamwork
- Communication skills (written and presentational)
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Workplace Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Work Health, Safety & Welfare Requirements:
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety.
- Comply with any reasonable instruction that is given by the person conducting the business or undertaking to allow the person to comply with legislative requirements.
- Report unsafe conditions or practices, and make suggestions to their business leader on improving work, health & safety at Study Group.
- Exercise duty of care in the health, safety and welfare of pupils and ensure they are treated with dignity and respect.
- Where applicable, participate in the staff consultation process about work health & safety matters.
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Powered by JazzHR
calendar_today4 days ago
work Study Group