Technology - Rates Analytical Trading Tools Software Engineer - Associate (BB-1D6F1)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Description:As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
As a desk-aligned Software Engineer for the Rates Trading Business, you will design, develop and deploy a variety of front office applications, partnering with end users, through a rapid, agile and iterative development lifecycle. The tools you develop will enhance our business's ability to price, risk manage, analyse and execute complex financial trades across Interest Rate Swap, Fx Forward, Securities and Inflation markets.
Working closely with trading, quantitative research and other functional groups you will develop a deep understanding of financial markets to complement your exceptional software development skills. Along with global experts you will enhance our best in class infrastructure and models. In addition you will play a role in our DevOps support model providing triage and support for local and global applications.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- The ability to communicate with non-technical colleagues including executive stakeholders
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages. Python and continuous deployment experience is an advantage.
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Strong interest in financial markets is desirable as the role involves working directly with the trading desk
- The capacity to quickly solve difficult problems under pressure
- Self-starter with a proven ability to independently drive initiatives through to completion
calendar_today1 day ago