Lecturer, Environmental Engineering, Early Career Development Fellow (BB-67D51)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
- Full-time, 3 -year fixed-term contract based at RMIT City campus but may be required to work and/or be based at another campus of the University and/or partner institutes (including overseas)
- Play a pivotal role in contributing to teaching & research activities within the Discipline of Chemical & Environmental Engineering using digital and high-quality technology in providing best of class teaching, research and/or scholarly activities
- Build and further develop your expertise in teaching and research in the areas of Environmental Engineering through forward-thinking and engaging course materials and high-quality curriculum for students undertaking undergraduate and graduate programs in Environmental Engineering
- Report directly to Professor Srinivasan Madapusi, Associate Dean, Chemical & Environmental Engineering
- Remuneration at Academic Level A ($68,983 - $93,569) or Academic Level B ($98,495 - $116,965) + 17% superannuation
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
About the College
The STEM College holds a leading position and expertise in the science, technology, engineering, mathematics and health (STEM) fields. We are uniquely positioned to influence and partner with industry, as never before.
STEM College is a community of exceptional STEM researchers, teachers, inventors, designers and game-changers, supported by talented professional staff. We offer higher education programs across all STEM disciplines at the Bachelor, Master and PhD levels, and ensure our students experience an education that is work-aligned and life-changing.
Further information on STEM College in this link.
About You and the Role
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting and delivering independent teaching at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate level including delivery of lectures, and programs through forward-thinking, sustainable and engaging course materials; preparing, conducting and moderating assessment; implementing improvements informed by course evaluation activities and student feedback;
- Actively engage and promote the program through developing networks, maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic members, industry and professional communities; as well as participation in the on-going process improvement within this discipline and across the Environmental Engineering units, in the School of Engineering and across STEM College;
- Perform effective and efficient research/scholarly activities both independently and collegially with fellow academics including publishing research outcomes as lead or co-author in highly ranked journals, conferences and forums, submitting and actively securing appropriate research grants & funding, involvement in collaborative projects and supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students and WIL (Work Integrated Learning) projects;
- Support and carry out varied administrative duties based on the level of appointment related to the goals of the programs of the organisational unit.
Mandatory: PhD or equivalent research doctorates related to Environmental Engineering and/or with commensurate teaching experience coupled with emerging research track records in this field.
- Proven experience in preparing high-quality and innovative lectures, tutorials, and demonstrations with a focus on using innovative teaching technologies and digital capabilities; experience with online delivery of course material or blended learning for students undertaking undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs;
- In-depth knowledge and/or hands-on experience teaching at tertiary/University level in areas of Environmental Engineering;
- Experience supervising higher degree by research candidates;
- A substantial record of published research outputs in high quality journals & articles in Chemical & Environmental Engineering or related areas, contributions to the development of new research initiatives, external research funding and strong linkage to industry and government.
Preferred: Completion of the Essentials in Tertiary Teaching Practice program or equivalent (if the appointed candidate does not meet this requirement at time of appointment, they will be supported to complete this as a requirement to fulfil their probation).
In order to be eligible for this ECDF role you will have performed casual teaching work for an Australian University during the past three years and have not been employed on a continuing basis at an Australian University. If you have previously been employed on a fixed-term basis at an Australian University you are eligible for this position; however, you should also have performed casual teaching work as per above parameters
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We are proud that our dedication to diversity has been recognized by a broad spectrum of external organizations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and achievements by clicking on the 'Apply now' link. Please note that a separate response to Key Selection Criteria as stated on the Position Description is required. For any enquiries regarding this role, please contact Professor Srinivasan Madapusi, Associate Dean, Chemical & Environmental Engineering (email@example.com)
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
Applications close Thursday 4th March 2021.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australias immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
calendar_today16 hours ago
work RMIT UNIVERSITY