Director, Sector Investment and Performance (SES1 (BB-4BA21)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Director, Sector Investment and Performance (SES1)
Job posted: 17/02/2021
Organisation: Department of Justice and Community Safety
Occupation: Emergency Management
At the Department of Justice and Community Safety, we’re looking for people who want to make a difference. People who take pride in their work. People who get things done. People who are committed to making Victoria a safer place.
We embrace diversity and strive to have a workforce that reflects the community we serve. We’re all about recruiting the best people, regardless of gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or cultural background. If you think you can do the job and would be a good fit for our department, we’d love to hear from you.
The department is committed to the safety and wellbeing of young people and recognises that young peoples’ rights need to be respected, their views welcomed and valued, and their concerns taken seriously and acted upon.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, or require an alternative format to any of the application material, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the contact person listed on this ad.
For more information on working with us and our recruitment process, please visit justice.vic.gov.au/careers
We’re proud of the important work we do across Victoria. Want to be part of it?
- Utilise your strong leadership skills to ensure emergency management reform is enabled and delivered through effective financial, assurance and reporting arrangements.
- Executive opportunity to lead in a high-performing, fast-paced, and passionate team for up to five years in the Victorian Public Service.
- SES Grade 1 ($192,800 - $249,700 per annum)
Emergency Management Victoria (EMV) leads emergency management in Victoria by working with government, agencies and business to strengthen their capacity to withstand, plan for, respond to and recover from emergencies. EMV is a group within the Department of Justice & Community Safety (the Department). The Department, through the Secretary, employs EMV staff and provides corporate functions to EMV. EMV is led jointly by the Chief Executive (CE) and the Emergency Management Commissioner (EMC).
The Sector Investment and Performance business unit is responsible for the oversight and monitoring of investment, governance, assurance, performance and reporting of EMVs emergency services entities. The unit is also responsible for ensuring the delivery of centralised corporate functions, including budget management, procurement, human resources and risk and business continuity planning. Key functional responsibilities also include national and state grants management, state budget coordination and legislated reporting and assurance activities.
About the role
The Director Sector Investment and Performance reports directly to an Executive Director. The Director is responsible for oversight and monitoring of EMVs portfolio emergency service entities and for delivery of EMVs key functional business responsibilities. The Director develops and maintains key relationships with entities and central corporate functions and departments. The Director is responsible for ensuring that emergency management reform is enabled and delivered through effective financial, assurance and reporting arrangements.
Some of your duties will include:
- Drive workplace culture and practices that delivers on the vision of EMV, including:
- developing and implementing an annual business plan in line with the statement of direction and strategic priorities.
- working closely with the team to ensure PDP goals are meaningful, measurable and align with the business plan.
- providing a safe and healthy working environment for all staff and actively promote a positive and respectful culture across EMV.
- managing and maintaining compliance with all governance requirements.
- developing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Lead EMVs engagement with emergency service entities and within DJCS in relation to:
- Financial management, including financial sustainability, state budget submissions and capital expenditure
- Performance, including key legislative and public reporting requirements such as Budget Paper 3 and 4 reporting, Project Status Reporting, public response time reporting, and output performance reporting.
To learn more about this role, please see the attached position description.
To be successful will have:
- Extensive experience in working with statutory entities on financial and performance management.
- Highly developed financial management corporate acumen and experience in government processes.
- Experience in working in a reform environment and development of strategy and policy.
A relevant tertiary qualification is highly desirable.
Please click the Apply button on this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, or require an alternative format to any of the application material, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the contact person listed on this ad.
71 jobs are currently listed for Department of Justice and Community Safety
Full time / Up to five years
The Victorian Government acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Victoria and pays respect to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and future.
Deaf, hearing or speech impaired?Contact the National Relay Service:Call 1800 555 660 or visit www.relayservice.com.au
calendar_today5 days ago
work State Government of Victoria, Australia