General Manager, Strategy and Design (BB-C3E14)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Description:The Australian Trade and Investment Commission – Austrade – is Australia’s leading trade and investment agency.We are experts in connecting Australian businesses to the world and the world to Australian businesses. We have a proud history of helping Australian businesses pursue their global ambitions and have the power to open doors, unlock opportunities and help Australian businesses go further, faster. We help attract game-changing investment to Australia, to support new industries, enhance existing ones and bolster our world-class research and development – strengthening global supply chains, creating local jobs and boosting the economy. With over 80 offices around the world, our experts in Australia and abroad collaborate to provide the best ‘in-country’ advice. Our diverse team, consisting of country experts, industry specialists, and trade and investment analysts, provides clients with actionable macro and micro insights. From trade and investment processes to protocols and regulation - we help Australian businesses, big or small, navigate complex overseas markets and make it easier for them to go global. At the same time, our advice, contacts and support at every step, reduce the commercial risk of exporting to overseas markets. And, our work continues. At a time of increasing global uncertainty, we are transforming our services, to help ensure Australia’s growth and a global future for all. Austrade offers exciting careers both in Australia and overseas. Here are some key reasons why you might choose to work for Austrade: - Interesting work supporting Australia's trade and investment development - Networking with people from all over the world- Opportunities for overseas travel and postings- Career opportunities within Austrade and the broader Australian Public Service
The General Manager, Strategy and Design is accountable for driving and implementing Austrade's strategic direction. They lead the Strategy and Design Division which is responsible for the driving Austrade’s change management, communication and collaboration.
What you'll need to be successful:
• High level strategic skills, including understanding Austrade's direction and role within government and experience in shaping strategies and policy.
• Extensive experience implementing organisational level strategies and initiatives, driving and implementing business transformation and change, including strategic resource management and planning (both financial and workforce)
• Experience working in a similar senior role in the public or private sector, combined with experience acting as a trusted adviser to the CEO and other Senior Executives.
Leadership and Management
• Champions and role models collaboration across Austrade by realigning priorities and resources to achieve Austrade’s vision.
• Authentic leader with excellent judgement and discretion.
• Proven ability to work effectively as a senior member of a leadership team and contribute to the Austrade's strategic direction, drive change and champion our vision and purpose.
• Demonstrated record of achievement in leading a culture of collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement while guiding and mentoring people and strategically managing resources.
• Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and commitment to model and uphold the highest standards of ethics and integrity. Experience with a globally dispersed organisation and the implications for an Australia-based government agency should be highlighted
• Experience in working with a culturally diverse organisation combined with a willingness to actively promote an environment of mutual respect for diversity and cultural differences.
Representation and Communication
• Demonstrated capability to effectively represent Austrade in high level forums and to develop productive stakeholder networks.
• Strong persuasion and influencing skills
• Exceptional communication skills – both written and oral
• Awareness of the digital environment and how to engage with clients in a digital first manner.
• Confidently use digital workplace tools to solve problems, be productive, connect and collaborate with others.
This role will be offered on a three (3) year non-ongoing (specified term) basis with the possibility of becoming ongoing within 12 months.
calendar_today5 days ago