Category Manager (BB-33CC7)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Amazon Australia is seeking an experienced category vendor manager to lead the third party giftcards/other Branded Gift cards category. This role will entail vendor managing and interacting with different brands listed as a part of the category in addition to developing marketing campaigns on-Amazon to drive sales and new customer acquisition through these gift cards. Creating a sustainable, innovative, scalable business and keep building a forward-looking strategy for the category.
Gift Cards on Amazon have a proven track record of contributing significantly to the growth and success of Amazon, and in Australia we expect gift cards to be a leading channel for new customer acquisition and increasing customer engagement. The category manager will define the category strategy and work with Product Management to launch the category, Retail/Vendor Management, Business Development, Design, Business Intelligence and Finance colleagues to execute on a comprehensive digital and offline marketing plan for these gift cards. The candidate will also work with the sellers and the brands directly to increase selection, negotiate & launch brand funded promotions on Amazon and drive value for Amazon customers.
We are seeking a customer-obsessed individual who is passionate about giftcards and the intersection of it with commerce, focusing on how to remove friction and drive value for Amazon customers through the category.
· Business Strategy: Define the category strategy that drives new customer acquisition and increases engagement with existing customers.
· Planning and Analysis: Drive business planning activities across the payments and retails teams, and use customer/market insights, 3rd party research and benchmarking data to inform decision making.
· Operations: Work with Tech team to launch the category. Manage inventory and planning for various brands on an on-going basis. Execute digital merchandising plans for Branded gift cards. Work with sellers and brands to develop, test, launch and evaluate different customer facing propositions & promotions.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years in business development, product management, marketing program management or related function
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong analytical skills and ability to independently seek out the relevant tools to achieve results
· Demonstrable ability to engage, influence and align individuals of varying levels of seniority and tenure, externally and internally
· Comfortable working with both local and globally dispersed colleagues
· Must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and using sound judgement in critical business-decision making
· MBA preferred
· Prior experience in strategic digital marketing
· Prior experience in the Giftcards, consumer payments or consumer goods/retail industry, or both!
· Fun, engaging, innovation and team-oriented personality
calendar_today1 day ago