Aboriginal Identified Medical Administration Trainee (BB-EFEE9)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Location: Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region
Job Title: Aboriginal Identified Medical Administration Trainee
Salary: $43,347 - $46,286per annum
Generous salary packaging: $15,899.94p/a
Professional development incentive: Allowance of $1,300p/a
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Operational Health Services Manager
Employment conditions: Per AHAC Enterprise Agreement 2017 - 2020
Amazing further benefits including 6 weeks annual leave, free gym membership, free general dentistry and Remote retention allowance of $750!
Exciting opportunity for a full time Aboriginal Identified Medical Administration Trainee in our Health Services Section, based in Tennant Creek.
Join this community-based organisation and make a genuine difference to our community!
Commence an exciting opportunity into the workplace where you will be skilled with the various Medical Administrational operations required for Health Services within Anyinginyi. Ensuring you experience everything Anyinginyi has to offer and understand how our Health Services Sections provide such an important role in Anyinginyi’s drive to be a Provider of High Quality Holistic Primary Health Care services to the Aboriginal communities of the Barkly region in a Culturally responsive way!
You will be joining a friendly and professional team, where you will receive personal and professional development opportunities from an employer who wants to provide optimum working conditions!
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation (AHAC) is a multi-disciplinary organisation which provides primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region, dedicated to ‘Closing the Gap’ in Aboriginal health within remote Australia.
Anyinginyi consists of five different sections (Health Services, Business Services, Public Health Unit, Sports and Recreation, and Piliyintinji-Ki Stronger Families) which allow them to have a holistic approach to health ensuring that clients' physical and emotional health and wellbeing is given the utmost priority.
Anyinginyi's mission is to be a provider of high quality holistic primary health care services featuring prevention and treatment in the Barkly region in a culturally responsive way.
About the Tennant Creek region
Year round blue skies, stunning landscapes and vibrant, diverse and warm communities - that's life in the Northern Territory! Only a short flight from most Australian cities, Tennant Creek is not just a must-see destination renowned for its individual identity and rich cultural heritage but is a remarkable community to set up home in!
500km north of Alice Springs, Tennant Creek was once a rough and tumble droving town but is now a modern town and one of the Territory's most populated areas. It is home to a major regional hospital, a university, schools, shops and a supermarket, accommodation, bars, clubs and restaurants, banking facilities, sporting clubs and an airport - everything you need to set up a relaxing new lifestyle! People from all walks of life find themselves calling Tennant Creek home.
About the Role
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation has an exciting opportunity for a full time Aboriginal Identified Medical Administration Trainee to join their Parlpuru Ninji Kari – Health Services Section, here in Tennant Creek. This role is offered on a Full-Time basis.
This is a responsible position requiring confidentially, initiative and the ability to undertake Medical Administrative skills. The Aboriginal Medical Administration Trainee will be responsible for assisting in providing Medical administration duties in our Health Service Section and as required by Anyinginyi Health Services Section Manager (Clarissa Burgen).
More specifically, some of your duties will include (but will not be limited to):
General/ Medical Administrative
- Record and distribute mail as directed.
- Prepare written material as requested.
- Provide first line of contact reception support.
- To answer phones, forward calls or take messages as appropriate.
- To send, receive and distribute faxes;
- Photocopying and filing;
- Maintain the stationary supplies for all staff including clinical and medical stationery, and ensure relevant forms available;
- To practice confidentiality at all times;
Learn and perform administration services such as:
- Face to Face customer care
- Telephone customer care
- Daily records assistance
- Activities and education programs to either, Learn and perform computer programs of Anyinginyi Health.
- Participate in Anyinginyi events, meetings and other activities including exposure to enteral parties.
- Commit and complete training as approved.
As this position is an Aboriginal Identified position to be successful in this role, you must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Descent.
Please note: An Ochre Card (NT Working with Children’s card) obtainment is a requirement prior to commencement in this role. Please refer to NT Safe for further information.
You will also need to possess the following:
Essential skills and experience :
- Demonstrated understanding or knowledge of Aboriginal customs, behaviors and traditions of the Barkly Region.
- Demonstrated Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Knowledge of health and social issues facing Aboriginal people in remote and isolated communities.
- Knowledge on values and befits of a team environment.
- Ability to learn verbal and written administrative skills and willingness to use computer skills such as: Word, Exel, Emails and Google.
- Commitment to working conditions and self learning and development.
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation where you can really make a difference in our local community, we want to hear from you!
We are not asking for a resume from you. Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
No recruitment agencies please
calendar_today18 hours ago
location_onTennant Creek, Australia
work Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation