Probation and Parole Supervisor, High Risk Offender Management Unit, Queensland Corrective Services (BB-BE668)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Description:Probation and Parole Supervisor, High Risk Offender Management Unit writeAgency('Queensland Corrective Services'); Queensland Corrective Services
High Risk Offender Management Unit; Community Corrections; Community Corrections & Specialist Operations; Wacol
Community Corrections is responsible for supervising adult offenders in the community.
Community Corrections is divided into seven regions each with a number of district offices and reporting centres.
Community Corrections staff aim to protect the community and reduce re-offending by supervising offenders in the community in which they live and encourage offenders to adopt more pro-social attitudes and behaviours.
The High Risk Offender Management Unit (HROMU) team based in the Brisbane and Townsville regions is responsible for the supervision of offenders subject to a supervision order pursuant to the Dangerous Prisoners (Sexual Offenders) Act (DPSOA) residing throughout Queensland and the electronic monitoring of offenders on parole.
*This pool is open for candidates interested in temporary short term employment opportunities as Supervisor, High Risk Offender Management Unit SEQ and meet the mandatory employment requirements as detailed in the attached role description. Temporary appointments progressed as a result of this applicant pool (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond months*
As a Community Corrections Supervisor you will be responsible for developing a small team of professionally qualified staff who case manage different cohorts of offenders under supervision with HROMU. You will oversee work practices ensuring performance and practice are consistent and of a high quality standard. In this role you will be a member of the senior management team and benefit from professional development opportunities in more senior roles.
In this role you will:
- Supervise and develop a small team of professional staff through demonstrated competence in frontline people management techniques including providing mentoring, coaching and performance feedback and appraisal processes.
- Provide front-line human resource management, support and guidance to direct reports.
- Provide the highest standard of specialist expertise in advice, guidance and oversight of daily risk in the management of direct staff reports to deliver quality case management.
- Understand and execute responsibilities in accordance with governance mechanisms to deliver compliance and support business improvement.
- Provide advisory services to senior management on a range of matters related to emerging risks and best practice approaches to systems, processes and functions.
- Support staff to understand how to interpret complex issues regarding divisional aims and communicate these to stakeholders.
- Manage own professional development needs to ensure currency of own knowledge of best practice approaches for the development of the team.
- Action the planning of a work area including direct input into the development of work plans, providing advice on priorities, solutions and strategies for monitoring progress and achieving required outcomes.
- Efficient and effective time management and daily priority realignment supported by advanced computer skills, especially proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Project and navigating web based computer applications with ease.
- Ensure that professional conduct and behaviour is in accordance with the Queensland Public Service Code of Conduct.
- Promote and nurture a team culture that has good morale, values diversity with their peers and where individuals are competent with working with diversity target groups and adequately trained to do so.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- Are self-aware and consistent with the attitudes and behaviours that need to be modelled in a correctional environment.
- Are resilient to remain motivated in achieving high standards in the delivery of essential frontline services.
- Are well rounded in administrative and technical skills that assist in the achievement of workplace goals.
- Are aspiring to commit to a career in the public service and the levels of accountability required.
- Are committed to Department's goal to protect community safety and make a difference to changing lives.
- Are committed to addressing the issues impacting upon the over representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders offenders in the criminal justice system.
Qualifications, professional registration, conditions and other requirements
Please see Role Description for
calendar_today21 hours ago
work Queensland Corrective Services