Hardware Sales Assistant (BB-3E1D6)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Banner Mitre 10 and Keith Timber Group operating under K & B Timber & Hardware Pty Ltd
- Join our winning team of over 350 staff across 17 sites in South Australia and Victoria
- Great customer service position
- Benefit from staff assistance programmes, staff discounts, opportunities to train to diploma level + bonus day off to celebrate your birthday
Great opportunity for 2 x customer focused Building Supplies / Trade Team Members to join our Trade team located at our Mt Gambier site.
2 x casual roles available. Must have the ability to work across a 7-day roster.
For over 40 years our team have been servicing builders and tradies in South Australia.
Our people are committed to providing our customers with high levels of service and ensuring we provide the solutions needed on a project. Industry trained and experienced, we have specialists in each department who are willing to help where required.
With a network of hardware and building supplies stores, truss and frame manufacturing plants, a distribution centre and a home selection centre we offer a diverse range of career opportunities!
As a Hardware Sales Assistant, you will be the face of the business, a clear communicator, highly approachable and an effective team player. You will deliver excellent customer service, develop strong relationships with customers and be focused on stock and presentation.
This is a CASUAL role. Must have the ability to work across a 7-day roster.
- Provide GREAT service and advise customers on products and service
- Build relationships with customers and be able to identify their needs
- Liaise and build relationships with suppliers
- Prepare customer quotes
- Manage stock levels, minimise shrinkage and stock loss
- Maintain correct stock tickets
- Perform stock refill
- WHS and housekeeping
- Adhere to administrative requirements
- Ability to work a 7-day roster
Requires skills and attributes:
- Excellent sales and customer service
- Knowledge of hardware supplies products
- Knowledge of plumbing and associated products is desirable
- Ability to identify and prioritise requirements
- Well-developed written and verbal skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work within a team
- Excellent time management ability
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport quickly
- The ability to set and maintain procedures and workflows
- Strong understanding of WHS requirements
- Excellent computer skills
- Forklift licence desirable
We extend a high level of autonomy to our people and believe our company is a friendly and rewarding place to work.
Our people enjoy the benefits of a staff assistance programme, generous staff discounts, opportunities to train to diploma level and the bonus of a paid day off to celebrate their birthday.
Please submit a combined cover letter and resume telling us about yourself, your career achievements and why you see yourself working in the Banner Mitre 10 Hardware Group.
To learn more about Banner Mitre 10 visit www.bannermitre10.com.au
If you have a clear understanding of the hardware market, have the ability to provide GREAT customer service and are looking for an opportunity to go beyond the customers’ expectation
- we want to hear from you!
calendar_today19 hours ago
location_onMount Gambier, Australia
work Banner Mitre 10