Early Career Development Fellow, Nutrition and Food Technology (BB-A28D5)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
- Full-time, 3 -year fixed-term contract based at RMIT Bundoora campus but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University and/or partner institutes (including overseas)
- Play a pivotal role in contributing to the teaching activities within the undergraduate & postgraduate programs and research efforts of the Biosciences & Food Technology Discipline, in the School of Science
- Join a team of academics with the focus on Nutrition and Food Technology in delivering best of class teaching, research and/or scholarly activities in food science and innovation through use of digital technology
- Report directly to the Associate Dean (Biosciences and Food Technology)
- Remuneration at Academic Level B ($98,495 - $116,965) + 17% superannuation
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
About the College
The STEM College holds a leading position and expertise in the science, technology, engineering, mathematics and health (STEM) fields. We are uniquely positioned to influence and partner with industry, as never before.
STEM College is a community of exceptional STEM researchers, teachers, inventors, designers and game-changers, supported by talented professional staff. We offer higher education programs across all STEM disciplines at the Bachelor, Master and PhD levels, and ensure our students experience an education that is work-aligned and life-changing.
Further information on STEM College in this link.
About You and the Role
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and delivering independent teaching at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate level including online and/or blended learning curriculum; preparing, conducting and moderating assessment; implementing improvements informed by course evaluation activities and student feedback;
- Build and maintain continuous strong relationships & partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities through engagement and promotion of program via networks, maintaining memberships, links and partnerships; as well as participation in the on-going process improvement within this discipline and across the Biosciences & Food Technology Discipline, in the School of Science;
- Perform and deliver high-impact research/scholarly activities both independently and as a member of the team, including publishing research outcomes as lead or co-author in highly ranked journals, conferences and forums, submitting and actively identifying appropriate research grants & funding, involvement in collaborative projects and supervision of higher degree by research students, honours and WIL (Work Integrated Learning) projects;
- Actively participate in varied administrative duties based on the level of appointment related to the goals of courses and small award programs of the organisational unit.
Mandatory: PhD or equivalent research doctorate in relevant field.
- Candidates with demonstratable experience in preparing high-quality and innovative lectures, tutorials, and demonstrations with a focus on food and agricultural systems and innovative teaching technologies and digital capabilities; experience with online delivery of course material or blended learning for students undertaking undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs will be highly regarded;
- Candidates who have in-depth knowledge and/or hands-on experience teaching in areas of Biosciences and Nutrition &Food Technology discipline are encouraged to apply;
- Experience supervising higher degree by research candidates is desirable;
- Evidence of high-quality academic and published research track record in high impact journals & articles and contributing to the development of new research initiatives, external research funding submissions and strong linkage to industry and government will be considered.
Preferred: Completion of the Essentials in Tertiary Teaching Practice program or equivalent (if the appointed candidate does not meet this requirement at time of appointment, they will be supported to complete this as a requirement to fulfil their probation).
In order to be eligible for this ECDF role you will have performed casual teaching work for an Australian University during the past three years and have not been employed on a continuing basis at an Australian University. If you have previously been employed on a fixed-term basis at an Australian University are eligible for this position, however, the requirements to also have performed casual teaching work as per above parameters.
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We are proud that our dedication to diversity has been recognized by a broad spectrum of external organizations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and achievements by clicking on the 'Apply now link. Please note that a separate response to Key Selection Criteria as stated on the Position Description is required. For any enquiries regarding this role, please contact Professor Oliver Jones, Associate Dean (Biosciences and Food Technology) (email@example.com)
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
Applications close Sunday 28th February 2021.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australias immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
calendar_today22 hours ago
work RMIT UNIVERSITY