Senior Data Analyst Team Leader (BB-9E367)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time for a period up to 12 months
Position Classification: Health Manager Level 3
Remuneration: $114,076 - $130,047 per annum, excluding superannuation
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ215339
- Join and lead a team specialising in the data management and analyses of cancer and healthcare data that informs decision making and drives meaningful changes to the NSW cancer health care system
- Work with a team of data analysts, epidemiologists, statisticians and data scientists to develop an efficient, automated flow of data and information fit for research purposes
- Be part of an organisation that makes a difference in cancer control in NSW.
- Your resume (maximum five pages)
- A covering letter addressing the Essential Requirements, as outlined in the Role Description
- A response to the pre-screening Questions, as outlined below.
- Demonstrated experience managing data, information and the production of datasets for use in reporting.
- Strong skills and background in R, SAS, SQL and programming languages. Experience in Shiny apps is desirable but not essential.
- The ability, a willingness and an aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Tertiary qualifications in public health, computer science, data science, statistics, information management or other relevant discipline.
- Can you please describe a time where you identified and rectified a problem in a dataset? What was the problem and how did you solve it?
- Please outline your experience with managing people and a specific project you have managed where you have had to lead a team. Please describe how you ensured the project delivered its objectives and to required schedule.
If successful for interview candidates must bring original copies of essential qualifications to be sighted by the panel, and one copy to provide to panel.
Where you’ll be working
The Cancer Institute NSW is the NSW Government’s cancer control agency, established to lessen the impact of cancer across the state.
Working at the Cancer Institute NSW means joining a team of committed and dedicated staff who are proud to be a part of the Institute’s purpose of overseeing and accelerating the effectiveness of cancer control in NSW.
The Cancer Institute is a collaborative working environment that encourages diversity and inclusion in how we work and the way we work together. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply. Greater consideration will be given to suitable applicants, in order to improve access to employment and career opportunities (GSE Rule 26).
What you will be doing
As Senior Data Analyst Team leader, you will lead and oversee the production of timely, high quality, ‘fit for purpose’ datasets to support cancer research and program indicator development.
In this role you will utilise your analytical and leadership skills to contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of the Institutes data assets, and reporting systems.
Essential to the role will be your ability to work effectively as a team player, leading and working collaboratively with specialist health data managers, statisticians and epidemiologists within the Cancer Institute NSW.
For your application to be considered
To submit your application, please provide:
work Cancer Institute (NSW)