Support Workers (BB-FE215)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
- Permanent Part time
- The option to salary package
- Work in your local community
Avivo provide support to people with frailty, disability or mental illness to live in their own home. Our Support Workers work alongside people, from all walks of life, giving them a helping hand to live their life.
We are looking for a friendly, flexible and caring Support Worker to join our Wheatbelt team in Chittering and Bindoon area to work across aged care, disability and mental health sectors.
Engaging in a range of care needs to assist individuals to remain living within their home, stay connected within their community, achieve their future goals and to remain as independent as possible.
You'll be required to work range of shifts from Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm and occasional weekends.
There's no 'typical day' but it may include....
- Providing a range of support services including domestic assistance, personal care, and social support
- Providing reliable, timely and flexible services that best meet the needs of the individual and their family
- Problem solving issues with the person and/or their family, and the team
- Regular communication with local team and participation in team meetings
It can be tricky at times. So a positive attitude, compassion and resilience is a must have and, if it does get tough, team will have your back!
- We will teach you new things and we expect you to be proactive, brave and learn new things
- We treat everyone with respect and value diversity and we expect you to do the same
- We want our customers receive flexible, individualised support and we expect you to work with us to ensure this happens!
- Previous support work experience in Mental Health is essential (including lived experience) Disability/Aged Care is desirable
- Prior experience in clinical work is also desirable
- Demonstrated reliability, flexibility and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and listening
- Ability to problem solve, think creatively and find innovative solutions
- Competent using a Smart Phone and Apps
- A current First Aid certificate & Working with Children's Check or willingness to obtain one (the successful candidate can obtain through Avivo)
- Availability to attend mandatory and paid training during the week
- A valid driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle
Love a good perk or two?
- An hourly rate of between $21.58 and $28.69 per hour plus afternoon/evening shift loading and weekend penalties
- Option to Salary Package up to$18,550 to reduce taxable income
- A Mobile Phone to use for work
- Pay for kilometres and time travelled between supports
- Extra 2 days of leave per year and 17.5% leave loading for Annual Leave
- Comprehensive training opportunities, supportive and flexible team
Are you keen? Here’s the next steps:
- To apply, you can attach an updated resume and a cover letter as one document OR you may be asked to complete a short 5 minute video answering a few questions
- If you are shortlisted for an Interview or to attend a Recruitment Workshop (group interview) you will be notified via email.
- Making an appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory National Police Clearance
Last but not least, Avivo values a diverse workforce with different life experiences, skills and backgrounds including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ and people from all cultural and linguistic backgrounds. Please only apply if you match these values and don't hesitate to reach out if you need a hand with your application.
calendar_today1 day ago