Senior Technical Officer, Transport and Main Roads (BB-122BF)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk AU
Description:Senior Technical Officer writeAgency('Transport and Main Roads'); Transport and Main Roads (Organisation site ( ))
Maritime Assets & Infrastructure; Maritime Safety Queensland; Customer Services, Safety & Regulation; Pinkenba
We are seeking a high performing and innovative Senior Technical Officer to join the Maritime Technical Services team within Maritime Safety Queensland.
The safety of vessel operations, the prevention of marine sourced pollution and the safety of vessel movements are the cornerstones of Maritime Safety Queensland (MSQ) operations. As an electronics technician with MSQ, you will be responsible for project supervision and the installation and maintenance of a wide range of technical equipment used to support the safe movement of vessels around the state's waterways.
In the role of Senior Technical Officer you will :
• Provide a comprehensive project supervision, installation, repair and maintenance service to a wide variety of electronic equipment operated by Department of Transport & Main Roads and external clients. This includes, but is not confined to, HF, VHF and UHF radio communications equipment; electronic and remote control aids to navigation; audio and sub-audible systems; computer systems and data networks; radar systems; CCTV systems; vessel based electronic communications; radio telemetry systems; differential global positioning systems, survey echo sounders, sonar systems, heave/swell compensators, automatic tide recording systems, data loggers, hydrographic survey and navigation equipment.
• Provide advice on complex technical matters relating to marine electronics, communications, vessel traffic services and hydrographic equipment to departmental and external clients.
• Develop specifications to facilitate the purchase of marine electronic, communications, vessel traffic services and hydrographic equipment and ensure Transport & Main Roads purchasing policies are adhered to during any subsequent quotation and tendering process.
• Formulate and implement research and development, equipment installation and maintenance programs including commissioning tests, acceptance testing and quality assurance to monitor performance of projects undertaken or supervised by the Marine Technical Services Unit.
• Prepare reports and submissions of a complex technical nature to assess performance to evaluate equipment and systems currently in use or proposed for future applications.
• Maintain accurate records of the Marine Technical Services Unit's activities, equipment history records, technical documentation and quality assurance systems to a high standard.
• Participate in incident response situations such as Oil Spill Response and Cyclone recovery.
For more information about the accountabilities of the role and the competencies that form the basis of assessment of your suitability, please refer to the full role description.
Daniel Conwell, Manager (Marine Technical Services) can be contacted on () should you have any questions regarding this role.
Applications to remain current for monthsFurther information
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights ( ) and diversity ( ).
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
calendar_today1 day ago
work Transport and Main Roads