WHS Specialist (BB-4D46F)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Amazon Australia is seeking a full-time WHS Specialist (WHSS) to join our WHS team at our newest fulfillment centre, a robotics site in Sydney. This role will be coordinating and implementing all areas of the Amazon Global Safety Program as directed by the WHS leadership. The WHSS promotes a positive safety culture while complying with Amazon safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment. This includes conducting trainings and coaching associates on observed work habits.
The WHSS supports management’s efforts to ensure compliance with all corporate Safety Program expectations and applicable state laws. The WHSS will be responsible for collaborating with site operations team and site WHS manager to execute company policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations.
The WHSS is required to maintain accurate daily, weekly, and monthly metrics to report to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems. By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, WHSS will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce safety and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates. A successful WHS Specialist will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and data analysis. The WHSS will also support site WHS manager on the development of the WHS Management System for Australia, establishment of adequacy of WHS procedures and training materials, maintaining compliance calendar, Gensuite/Austin tools, reviewing WHS documents and setting up inspection/audit programs, etc., to meet local requirements and global standards.
The WHSS must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will instruct and train associates, operations leaders and WHS coordinators in Amazon policies and procedures and assist the operations site teams in incorporating our standards at their site. You will work to identify best practices and incorporate these standard methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the landscape.
WHS Specialist Responsibilities:
· Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks, and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly, and monthly audits
· Facilitate incident investigation process
· Maintain required paperwork to comply with Amazon and local regulations
· Enter Safety Incident Information in internal database in a timely manner
· Perform safety observations & audits
· Train and assist others (Area Managers, WHS co-ordinators etc.) to complete their safety responsibilities (Audits, Follow Safety Rules, Inspections etc.)
· Perform specific safety training as required by the WHS Manager
· Participate in process improvement activities and manage actions to completion
· Bachelor's degree in WHS or related field.
· Minimum of 3+ years experience working as an WHS Professional in a warehousing, distribution or manufacturing environment - a highly automated environment is advantageous.
· Knowledge of local WHS regulations – CERT IV in Health and Safety required as a minimum
· Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel in a professional capacity
· Experience maintaining confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues in the work place
· Available to work flexible shifts if required - including days, nights and/or weekends
· Minimum CERT IV in Health and Safety supported with field experience
· Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment, and customer focus skills
· Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses
· Experience in Return to Work case management an adavantage
· Passion for safety
calendar_today2 days ago