Site Engineer (BB-F663B)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Location: Regional QLD
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Are you a Civil Engineer willing to live away from home on a roster cycle? Then we have a company that will invest in your future...
Our Client is a leading civil infrastructure, mining and building contractor providing construction solutions to the public and private sectors. With a strong focus on people, culture and services they have earned a reputation as a premier contractor, attracting high calibre employees, clients and projects.
They are actively seeking a highly motivated Site Engineer to join the team during an exciting time of growth.
Reporting to the Project Manager you will be responsible for your assigned areas costs, daily and weekly project analysis, quality assurance, weekly reporting and assistance with operational performance.
You will assist the Project Manager in developing and delivering successful projects while maintaining strong customer relationships and contribute to the successful growth of the business.
As a Site Engineer you will:
- Be involved in implementing or creating innovative, cost efficient construction methodologies and techniques;
- Work actively with Supervisors and workforce to eliminate the requirement to do activities again;
- Assist the Superintendent and Supervisor with tasks delegated by the Project Engineer/Manager;
- Continuously monitor the program throughout the life of the project ensuring milestones are completed on time;
- In conjunction with Superintendents and Supervisors, assist with planning the resources required to achieve the construction program (plant, labour and subcontractors) and sourcing;
- Assist with planning and implementing the procurement of materials and subcontractors to achieve construction programs;
- Work with the Supervisors to recognise variations, quantity increases or decrease and any additional scope of works for the production of appropriate variation correspondence;
- Monitor day costs for activities with Supervisors and make adjustments if unit costs are excessive;
- Provide information for end of month project costs report with Project Engineer/Manager;
- Monitor environmental controls where the risk to the environment is serious enough to require monitoring.
Is this you?
- Civil engineering degree;
- Civil infrastructure experience in cost engineering/productivity/quality assurance;
- Experience on structures projects would be an advantage;
- Able to work as part of a team that is driven by success;
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Sound technical knowledge;
- Self-motivated and adaptable with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Local to the Townsville or Mackay areas and able to drive in and out from site;
- Have a manual drivers licence and own transport;
- Willing to live away from home on a roster cycle.
Want to know more?
If you want to join a company that is growing and wants the same for you, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
Submit your application in confidence now including a cover letter outlining a summary of your experience and time spent working on any civil infrastructure projects.
Please note: you will need to be currently based in Queensland and have the right to work in Australia
We respect the time and effort you will make with this application. All applicants will receive a response, whether shortlisted or not.
calendar_today21 hours ago
work Hi Vis Jobs