AOD Counsellor (BB-120D9)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk AU
Stand together with us to support Australians in need
Apply now Job no: 987092
Work type: Permanent (Full Time)
Categories: Community Services
- Permanent Full Time | 38 hours per week
- Location: Robertson NSW | Triple Care Farm
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Triple Care Farm is a residential rehabilitation and treatment program to help young people aged 16-24 to manage their withdrawal and recovery from alcohol and other drug use.
You will provide effective counselling interventions (individual and group) to facilitate recovery and rehabilitation from problematic drug and alcohol use. In addition, provide AOD Specialist information and support to other employees in their case management plans.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide individual counselling to young people participating in the program
- Facilitator of the Dialectical Behavior Therapy Group Counselling
- Develop and implement drug education and psycho-education group work
- Respond to mental health emergencies as required
- Provide assessment, case management advice
- Lead ongoing counselling and support for young person thought to be at risk
- Assessing the need for referral of individual young persons to mental health professionals
Requirements for Success
- Degree in psychology and eligibility for registration as a provisional psychologist or psychologist
- Proved ability to relate to homeless and disadvantaged young people, including an understanding of the impact of drug and alcohol misuse
- Current NSW driver’s license class C
- Demonstrated computer literacy including the suite of Office programs
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal and problem solving capabilities
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
Applications for this role will close on Wednesday 3 March 2021 but please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting may occur prior to the close date.
Advertised: 17 Feb 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Application close: 03 Mar 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.
Founding Purpose - 'Inspired by Jesus Christ, Mission Australia exists to meet human need and to spread the knowledge of the love of God'
calendar_today2 days ago
work Mission Australia