Teacher of Middle School Maths (BB-2208A)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk AU
Play a Vital Role in the Total Education of Students
- Join a Vibrant Faculty and School Team
- Outstanding Rated School
- Benefit from Collegiate Advice Provided by a talented Faculty
This is a great opportunity for a Teacher of Middle School Maths to join a dedicated team at our Gawler River School. The successful applicant will have a sound knowledge of secondary schooling and the appropriate pedagogy.
This role's key responsibility will be the delivery of the middle school curricula in Maths. The ability/experience in teaching Year 10 Extension Maths is highly desirable.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in teaching and the subjects identified
- Registered to teach in South Australia or be eligible to obtain registration
- Have an understanding of and commitment to Christian education
- Have the desire and skills to participate in the school's pastoral care programme
- Have the desire and skills to participate in the College's co-curricular programme
- Teachers who have a deeper understanding of the Visible Learning, high impact learning strategies and how to implement them in a classroom setting, would be at an advantage
- Be able to respond positively to the pressures of a modern classroom
- Be able to set high standards for student learning and their own performance
- Deal effectively with the administrative detail of the position
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people both verbally and in writing
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the necessary cultural sensitivity
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and work safety
Trinity College is a multi-site, independent, co-educational Anglican College founded in a liberal educational tradition and located in the northern Adelaide region. Co-curriculum, cultural and physical activities are part of a total education in a caring, Christian environment.
All teachers are expected to support the Christian ethos of the College. It would be hoped that the successful applicant would be able to actively contribute to the Christian life of the College.
All Trinity College staff are required to comply with the College's Child Safe policy and adhere to the Child Safety Code of Conduct.
Please ensure that you include a covering letter addressing the following criteria:
- Teaching expertise, including subject knowledge, pedagogy and classroom and student management practices
- Commitment to and understanding of Christian education
- Skills and ability to contribute to the co-curricular programme
- A current cv, including 2 referees and their current contact details
An attractive salary is available to interest the highest calibre of person.
We are seeking to appoint a highly-motivated individual with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with tertiary qualifications in teaching. If this is you, we would like to hear from you.
This position will start towards the end of Term 2 of the 2021 school year.
Applications should be addressed to:
Mr Nick Hately
Head of Trinity College
Applications close on Wednesday 24th February 2021 at 4.00pm.
Trinity College is an equal opportunity employer
calendar_today2 days ago
work Trinity College