Senior Administration Officer (BB-66905)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk AU
- Full-time, fixed term appointment for 19 months
- Salary range (Level 7): $90,862 to $100,814. plus 9.5% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The Marshall Centre provides a focus for infectious diseases research and epidemiology, and attracts funds, research staff and international visitors. The Centre’s principal goals and objectives are to build the capacity to perform world-class infectious diseases research and disease surveillance, facilitate the development of new vaccines and diagnostic technologies for infectious diseases, facilitate postgraduate and professional training and provide a vehicle for public education in infectious diseases.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under limited direction, provide senior administrative strategic planning and direction to support Professor Barry Marshall, UWA Brand Ambassador, WA Ambassador for Life Sciences and Director for the UWA Marshall Centre for Infectious Diseases Research and Training. You will respond to complex and diverse enquiries from local, national and international stakeholders, as well as provide senior administrative and executive support.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Substantial and extensive senior administrative experience at an appropriate level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high-level consultation skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, especially in the context of a university environment
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to long term planning and strategic direction within a university environment
- Ability to supervise staff
- Knowledge of relevant policies and procedures for the administration of personnel, financial and student activities
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. Please see the position description prior to applying: Position Description - Senior Administration Officer.pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: 11:55pm on Sunday, 28 February 2021
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.
calendar_today2 days ago
work The University of Western Australia