Database Engineer (BB-46925)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Your New Role
Leidos Australia has opportunities for a Database Engineer across our broad portfolio of customer accounts including Defence and Federal Government contracts.
Key responsibilities for the Database Engineer includes performing the following functions as individual assignments or as part of a team:
- Create and review the database designs and make recommendations for upgrades, designs and implementations;
- Implement and test database upgrades;
- Design and implement data migration activities as part of Digital Modernisation and Application Transformation programs;
- Maintain database design and implementation documentation;
- Implement organisational objectives for database improvement and compliance with industry standards;
- Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Source and analyse relevant subject matter documentation.
- Contribute to IT Support process and policy development.
- Ensure adherence to processes, procedures and security requirements.
- Ensure the IT Support products and services provided to Programs are of the highest quality and satisfy all regulatory and technical requirements.
- Comply with legislation and Company policies, processes and instructions, including those relating to non-discrimination, environment, safety, duty of care, and the quality management system.
- Display behaviours that reflect the Company values.
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety, and that of others, follow any reasonable instruction given by the Company, and report any concern(s) which may give rise to danger, and/or any injury which may occur in the workplace.
About You and What You'll Bring
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a pro-active approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve the company’s objectives.
You will also have:
- Substantial professional experience working in a role within the database engineering and project environment (preferably in a similar industry)
- Substantial knowledge and application of a broad range of skills including database engineering and development, software, systems and enterprise architecture, software and hardware engineering, interface protocols
- Substantial experience working in a large enterprise environments.
- Strong individual contributor and team player in a professional environment
- Highly effective in managing multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and risk
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Good initiative in developing and improving systems and procedures
- Ability to independently develop and determine approaches to solutions in a practical and creative manner
- Strong conceptual, analytical and interpretive skills with high level of attention to details
- Strong focus on customer service
- Strong planning and organising skills.
Due to the nature of work we do for our customers, all applicants are required to be Australian Citizens and to hold a current NV-1 or NV-2 security clearance with AGSVA
What You’ll Love
A new program, a growing organisation with a focus on you, our employee, exciting technology, what's not to love? At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.
calendar_today2 days ago