Marine Surveyor (BB-8CE5E)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
SGS is looking for a casual Marine Surveyor who is able to assist when needed.
The fundamental responsibilities of the Marine Surveyor is to:
- Controlling and directing shipping operations to ensure the secure and efficient loading and transport of cargo.
- Surveys of ships to ensure they are clean and maintained in accordance with operating procedures to maintain cargo integrity. Surveys may include: crude, gas, chemicals, bulk loadings and of dry cargoes.
- Draft surveys including: initial, intermediate and final surveys, trimming of vessel, load plan preparation and loading to tidal conditions.
- Perform general marine inspections – including but not limited to on / off hire and bunker condition surveys; hold / tank cleanliness inspections; damage inspections.
- Provide general port support such as: jetty manning, tanker safety officer and mooring services, as required.
- Provide general support to the Shipping and National Operations Manager.
- Ensure all tasks are completed and delivered in a timely manner to meet customer expectations and compliance requirements.
- Complete accurate reports in a timely manner to ensure all information reported is delivered as per customer time frame.
- Communicate with customers to initiate or carry out their requirements to maintain optimum customer satisfaction.
- Relieve other staff on leave and will require interstate travel.
- Comply with client and site requirements at all times.
- Sampling of commodities such as minerals etc as required and in accordance with applicable standards / client instructions.
- Performing Government and Institution Services (GIS) and Automotive Inspections as required.
- Performing commercial inspections (other than marine) as required.
Your previous experience in the shipping industry coupled with your customer orientated approach will ensure your success within this position.
The successful candidate will also possess:
- Marine Qualification (preferably Master Class I, minimum Chief Office Certificate of competency)
- Experienced / Qualified Surveyor / Inspector
- Ability to plan and manage time and resources
- Sound knowledge of procedures, including ISO (9001-2008) systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Valid Australian Driving License
- Obtain and maintain Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC)
- Experience in the operation of different types of vessels and their cargoes
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU
We offer an open corporate and inclusive culture, and a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
WANT TO COME TO WORK AND BE 100% YOU?
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce and we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong, innovative and forward thinking workplace.
SGS Australia acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
calendar_today5 days ago
location_onGladstone Central, Australia