Business Development Manager – Research (BB-CE2F0)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk AU
UQ Centre for Clinical Research
The University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research (UQCCR) is a $70 million purpose-built facility sponsored by Atlantic Philanthropies, the Queensland Government (Smart State funding) and UQ. The building, completed in early 2008, is located at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital site at Herston, Brisbane. The RBWH is the largest teaching hospital in Australia and the site also houses a basic medical research institute (QIMR), and a significant Faculty of Medicine presence, including the School of Public Health. The UQCCR has capacity for 320 staff with affiliation guided by research strengths, assessed by defined research quality indicators.
UQCCR’s mission is to improve health outcomes for individuals and populations based on rigorous, high quality clinical research. This is achieved by facilitating research and training, influencing patient care, and providing the translational linkages between basic and applied scientific research, the patient, and health outcomes. The current research themes are: Clinical Neuroscience; Cancer; Fertility; and Infectious Diseases.
About This Opportunity
This position is a business development manager for the core business of UQCCR: research.
As Business Development Manager – Research (known locally as Research Development Manager), you will work closely with our academic researchers to identify and develop funding and collaborative research opportunities. You will be responsible for identifying high level research funding opportunities, and provide strategic advice and training to researchers for preparation of high quality written applications for grants, fellowships and contract research with industry.
The successful candidate will coordinate with a high level network including the UQCCR Executive, the Research committee, and the Faculty of Medicine community of practice for research support.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify research funding opportunities to maximise research income, with emphasis on large scale, complex, programmatic grants, special initiatives, fellowships and industry funding.
- Develop knowledge of the existing partnerships, strategic aims, research capabilities and activities within UQCCR and in our academic and hospital partner organisations to identify opportunities for new collaborations.
- Arrange and chair meetings and forums at which researchers can come together to explore possible partnerships and funding opportunities.
- Support for early and mid-career researchers in the development of writing for funding requests and industry engagement expertise.
- Provide high-level support in the preparation of competitive funding applications, including strategic advice and editorial review of the structure, content, clarity, style and appropriateness of the proposal for the specific funding scheme.
- Where relevant, collaborate with the Faculty and UniQuest to successfully negotiate business development initiatives.
This position is located at our Herston Campus, UQ’s core campus for clinical health teaching and research – however occasional travel between campuses and other locations may be required.
Sharing premises with Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and the QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute, UQ’s Herston Campus houses a vibrant clinical and research community that delivers innovative and contemporary research and education programs in a clinical academic environment.
Conveniently located just minutes from Brisbane’s city centre, there is access to multiple public transport connections, onsite parking and cycling facilities.
Our Ideal Candidate
Alongside a PhD qualification in a relevant scientific discipline, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Extensive knowledge of relevant industry, philanthropic and competitive granting schemes, with specific experience in writing and editing successful funding applications for at least two of the ARC, NHMRC or MRFF.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with demonstrated ability to understand and present complex scientific content in a clear and concise manner.
- High level time-management skills, with the ability to work under time pressure on multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Research facilitation skills, with the ability to identify relevant research linkages and facilitate communication among diverse groups of research stakeholders including industry partners.
For a full list of duties and selection criteria, please see the attached Position Description.
You must have ongoing unrestricted work rights in Australia to apply for this opportunity.
We value diversity and inclusion, and actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity to the University. Our Diversity and Inclusion webpage contains further information if you require additional support. Accessibility requirements and/or adjustments can be directed to email@example.com.
What We Can Offer
This is a fixed-term position at HEW Level 8 until 31st December 2023, at either:
- One full-time position, or
- Two 0.5 FTE positions
The full-time equivalent base salary will be in the range of $100,264 - $112,583, plus super of up to 17% (the total package will be in the range of $117,309 - $131,723).
You will be able to take advantage of UQ Sport Facilities, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare, discounted private health insurance, cheap parking, development programs and many other benefits.
For further information, please review The University of Queensland's Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2018-2021.
For application queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job number in the subject line.
Want to Apply?
To submit an application for this role, use the APPLY NOW button below. All applicants must supply the following documents:
- Cover letter,
- Responses to the Selection Criteria (in the attached PD),
To satisfy pre-requisite questions and ensure your application can be considered in full, all candidates must apply via the UQJobs portal by the job closing deadline. Applications received via other channels including direct email will not be accepted.
calendar_today2 days ago
work The University of Queensland