Senior Legal Counsel (BB-5F6DD)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk AU
Not the job you're looking for? Become a member of our talent community to stay connected and be informed of any new opportunities.
Step into our world and discover a nationwide family united by passion and imagination.
At oOh!, we’re proud collaborators, which means we have the confidence to explore new territories because we will always explore together. We experiment with cutting edge technology, test the bounds of our creativity, and lead our industry down exciting new paths.
And when we do that well, we celebrate it!
We are committed to our employees having a big impact in their roles, creating bold dreams and connecting deeply with us and our business.
About the role...
As Senior Legal Counsel you will be primary legal support to business divisions that may include our Creative, Marketing & Sales divisions and work within the Legal team to support broader business needs.
Here's what you'll do...
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Senior Legal Counsel will be an experienced commercial lawyer in a small in-house team of professionals fulfilling the legal, regulatory compliance and company secretarial functions within the oOh! group.
The Senior Legal Counsel will be the generalist lawyer willing to meet the challenges of the dynamic media and legal services industries with a relentless pursuit of continuous improvement as part of business as usual.
- Operate as part of the oOh! Legal team, helping to achieve business goals across the ANZ group consistently with governance and risk management standards, demonstrating a strong customer focus & alignment to oOh! values
- Be the primary contact for specific business units (we’ve bandwidth to determine best fit based on technical expertise, interests & business needs)
- Negotiate, liaise on and advise in respect of significant contracts, processes, change, investigations and potentially disputes within those business units and as needed across the business
- Support the General Counsel and Company Secretary – particularly on M&A, and continuous improvement initiatives
- Advise and implement governance and risk minimisation strategies; policy review, regulatory change and compliance regimes for day to day operations
Here's what you'll look like...
- Bachelor of Laws & admission to practice in NSW
- A true team player who is diligent, authentic, compassionate and inclusive
- A generalist senior level lawyer with substantial post-qualification experience (10+ years) in a transactional and advisory role in a reputable firm and/or highly regarded in-house team
- Confident to work autonomously, with strong problem-solving skills and a successful negotiator of contracts
- Generous with your time, willing to share knowledge and prioritise collective goals heling to propel learning within the team
- Excellent communication style and able to deal with staff at all levels of the organisation, with respect and camaraderie
- Able to develop quickly a useful understanding of the oOh!’s short and long-term goals and priorities and be able to provide appropriate and responsive legal support and guidance
- Experience in one or more of dispute resolution, employment law, defamation, corporations law or competition law
- Ideally true expertise in the technicalities of contract law (as distinct from having negotiated lots of contracts)
- Experience within a listed company
If you’re curious, brave, and ready to leap into a career like no other, we’re ready to open our doors to you.
If this isn’t the right role for you, we’d love for you to be part of our Talent Community so you can be the first in line to be considered when a new opportunity comes up.
calendar_today2 days ago