Medical Laboratory Scientist (BB-A607B)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Employment Type: Temporary Part Time
Position Classification: Scientific Officer
Remuneration: $32.51 - $47.10 per hour plus superannuation
Hours Per Week: 20
Requisition ID: REQ213132
Location: Coffs Harbour Base Hospital
Applications Close: 1 March 2021 - 11:59pm
An exciting opportunity is available for a Multi-skilled Scientist in Coffs Harbour. This position's hours are currently 40 hours every second week over a 247 roster, however may be subject to change as per the operational needs of the department.
About the opportunity
Coffs Harbour is a beautiful part of Australia to live in and the Coffs Harbour Health Campus is rapidly expanding with increased services.
Being part of NSW Health Pathology means you’re helping create better health and justice systems every day.
We operate more than 60 laboratories and around 200 collection centres across NSW and conduct over 60 million tests per annum. Our network of pathologists are supported by scientists, technicians and support staff who quickly and accurately assess samples so clinical teams can make the best possible treatment decisions for patients. Our Forensic & Analytical Science Service provides independent, objective analysis to the NSW criminal and coronial justice systems.
What we can offer you
- Generous salary packaging options and other fringe benefits
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the Fitness Passport
- Learning and development opportunities, including in-house training with RTO My Health Learning
- Bachelor Degree or higher degree in ScienceBiomedical Science or an equivalent qualification with subjects relevant to pathology from a recognised tertiary institution
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the delivery of pathology services relevant to the laboratory, including use of Laboratory Information Systems, Patient Systems and Quality Control Systems and computer programs such as Microsoft Office suite
- Customer focused approach displaying well-developed interpersonal skills and good oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with customers, patients and clinical and laboratory staff, along with report writing skills, statistical evaluation of scientific data and the ability to effectively communicate policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a responsible and efficient manner and to manage competing priorities to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment while working autonomously to deliver results within specified timeframes and contribute to a range of diagnostic skills relevant to the laboratory
- Display initiative, problem solving and analytical skills including an ability to apply established principles in a pathology laboratory and investigate and resolve general and complex issues within the laboratory environment
- Sound understanding of legislation, policies and requirements that impact the laboratory environment including work health and safety and privacy requirements
- Demonstrated well-developed scientific expertise in Haematology including morphology, Chemical Pathology and Transfusion.
calendar_today1 day ago
What you'll be doing
Responsible for delivering a range of operational laboratory activities including the coordination and provisions of scientific and technical training and the ongoing review, development and quality management of laboratory practices to ensure compliance with operational standards and procedures, quality standards and continual process improvement.
Interested in joining Australia’s largest public pathology service? Apply now by addressing the following questions:
location_onMid North Coast, Australia
work NSW Health Pathology