Technical Officer (BB-99AF7)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk AU
- Provide technical support services to staff and students
- Facilitate the effective operation of laboratories and teaching spaces
- Fixed term, fractional 0.6 FTE position, based in Melbourne
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Faculty of Education and Arts hosts the National School of Education, the National School of Arts, and two vibrant, multidisciplinary research institutes: the Institute for Learning Sciences and Teacher Education and, the Institute for Religion, Politics and Society.
The National School of Education is the largest provider of initial teacher education in Australia with a strong reputation for its high quality, work-ready graduates.
The Technical Officer provides technical support services to staff and students within the School of Education, Melbourne by facilitating the efficient operation of, studios/laboratories and teaching spaces on the Melbourne campus. The position’s day-to-day duties include performing routine equipment maintenance and conducting risk assessments to maintain safety within teaching spaces at ACU.
More specifically the role entails:
- Preparing, setting up and packing down the laboratory/ teaching space and classroom materials to support learning and teaching activities.
- Assisting with the coordination, organisation and preparation of resources required for learning and teaching activities.
- Providing routine technical advice, support and instruction for learning and teaching activities, including the demonstration and use of basic equipment.
- Assisting in the conduct of experiments and/or set up of materials and equipment for a range of experiments and demonstrations.
You will need to have:
- Completion of a diploma level qualification with related work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education training within a laboratory or simulation environment.
- Knowledge of work, health and safety practices within a laboratory/simulation environment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to keep accurate records with an understanding of compliance management.The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $76,359 - $82,692 pa, including salary component $64,524 – $69,876 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 4), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to May Ortiz at email@example.com.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: Tuesday 23 February 2021; 11:55 pm EST
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
calendar_today1 day ago
work AUSTRALIAN CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY