Found in: Neuvoo AU
- Residential Aged Care Home
- Friendly team and great working environment
- Staff reward and recognition programs
- Part time - Saturday & Sunday 9.30 am - 5.30 pm
- Located in Hughesdale, Victoria
Excellent opportunity for enthusiastic and experienced aged care Chef who has a can-do attitude, to join our team
About us ...
Medical & Aged Care Group (MAACG) is a family owned business. From humble beginnings in 1995, we've become one of Australia's leading privately owned companies providing aged care services. We have grown our business with a special focus on building relationships—both with our residents and their families, as well as staff. The result is a collection of homes within Victoria filled with vibrant and connected communities.
We are devoted to creating a warm and friendly environment, staff and residents alike share a strong sense of family.
Oaklea Hall, Residential Aged Care has 46 aged care residential beds and is located in Hughesdale, Victoria. We pride ourselves on delivering the best care for our residents and firmly believe that happy staff equates to happy residents.
This is a fabulous opportunity to work in our residential home with excellent support from management and high staff morale.
About the Role ...
The Chef is a valued team member who reports to the Manager of the Home and is responsible for preparation of all meals for the residents, organising food orders, ensuring menus and specialised diets including supplements and texture modified foods are of a high standard. The Chef manages a team of Food Services Assistants who support all kitchen activities. The Chef liaises with the internal staff, external suppliers, contractors and families as well as provides a high quality dining experience for our residents.
The Chef is responsible for providing a high standard of food safety in preparation and serving of meals and hospitality services in a residential aged care setting, including following directions from the Manager and performs regular audits of the kitchen ensuring safety with kitchen cleaning, storage of foods.
We have permanent part time shifts for Saturday and Sunday available.
About you ...
You are a highly organised, energetic and self-motivated individual - someone who can manage their time and be flexible to the need and priority. You'll have a high level of teamwork with colleagues and empathy and compassion too. You will have worked in a Chef position in an Aged Care environment and are able to lead the team by example of best practice.
To be successful in this role you would need to possess the following:
Essential skills and competencies:
- Certificate or Diploma in Commercial Cookery
- Food Safety/Hygiene Certificate
- Work experience of at least 2 years as a Chef in an Aged Care environment leading a team
- Teamwork with colleagues and positive leadership skills with your team
- Friendly and positive personality
- Ability to manage food orders in alignment with budget
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisation and time management
- A passion for working in aged care setting
- Computer and documentation skills
- Knowledge of Aged Care legislation and aged care accreditation standards in relation to food and safety
- Understanding of Hygiene and Food Safety and audits practices in aged care kitchen environment
- Current police check
- A current Flu Vaccination Certification.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
- Certificate II or III in Hospitality
- An understanding of Aged Care Standards, continuous improvement, accreditation in Aged Care and ACFI requirements
If you have proven experience within a residential aged care setting or hospital environment providing care to the elderly, we offer a great team to work with and a supportive working environment ... and we want to hear from you!
Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
No recruitment agencies please
calendar_today4 days ago
work Medical And Aged Care Group