Planner/Scheduler - Landside (BB-4CA10)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Planner/Scheduler - Landside
Requisition ID: 232594
Requisition Posting End Date: 03/07/2021
Bechtel, a global leader in project management, engineering, procurement and construction, has been selected by Western Sydney Airport Co as its Delivery Partner for the Western Sydney Airport, a $5.3 billion greenfield facility in Badgerys Creek, New South Wales. This will be a landmark project for both New South Wales and Australia and is due for completion at the end of 2026.
Western Sydney Airport will provide much-needed additional aviation capacity to meet growing demand in the Sydney basin and improve access to flights for people in Western Sydney. One of Australia's most significant infrastructure projects in decades, the international and domestic airport will open in 2026, bringing social and economic prosperity to the Western Sydney region. Learn more about this exciting project at the following: .
Work Location : Badgerys Creek, South-Western Sydney area, Australia.
The Package Planner undertakes schedule control and analysis activities on behalf of the Package Manager. The Package Planner has the prime responsibility for reviewing, monitoring, and reporting deviations against the project schedule arising from updates and changes from the Contractors updated schedules.
The Package Planner is a key individual in performing DPs role as the administrator of contracts on behalf of WSACo. In this role the individual should be fully familiar with the DP contract terms, scope, and requirements and how they relate to the package contract terms and scope. The Package Planner will work as part of the larger DP package management team to fulfill the DP obligations.
The Package Planner will be assigned to the contract package team by the Lead Planner in consultation with the Project Controls Manager. The Package Planner will continue to report functionally to the Lead Planner but will take day-to-day direction from the Package Manager.
The Package Planner maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with the assigned package team and engineers, and may have continuing contacts with Project Director, project team members, and working and supervisory level personnel of other departments.
Essential Job Duties
· The Package Planner is responsible for reviewing all Contractor schedule submissions for accuracy, completeness, and for compliance with the project schedule. The Package Planner shall raise any concerns related to delay, potential early completion, changes of sequence, rates of production etc. to the Package Superintendent, Package Field Engineer, or other staff as appropriate by means of a written report to follow each schedule submission.
· Responsible for maintaining and updating the sections of the project schedule hierarchy pertinent to their assigned contract package and other sections of the project schedule hierarchy that may be assigned by the Lead Planner. Reviews the representation of contract package scope in project level schedules
· Performs weekly/monthly production analysis of Contractor operations and verifies they are meeting the demands of the project schedule. Brings production shortfalls, both actual and forecast, to the attention of the Package Manager and Package Superintendent.
· Performs schedule data analysis, identifies problems, and makes recommendations for the assigned package to the Package Manager and Lead Planner. Provides schedule data to the Package Manager for inclusion in the project weekly and monthly reports. Reviews and provides comment and analysis on Contractor weekly and monthly report submissions.
· At the request of the Package Manager and/or Lead Planner, may attend weekly/monthly package schedule reviews with the contractor, trend review meetings, package team progress review meetings, and ad-hoc meetings as required by the Package Manager or Lead Planner.
· Responsible for providing the Package Manager and the Lead Planner a monthly schedule report for the assigned package to include status against key dates, status of schedule metrics (starts/finishes achieved etc), explanation of significant trends and changes against the baseline or against previous reports. Monitors and reports the critical path and schedule performance of the contract package.
· Performs schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommends alternatives for schedule improvement to Package Manager for discussion and/or decision.
· In conjunction with the Package Manager, establishes key milestones for the contract package. Reviews package work activities to ensure support of project milestones. Coordinates the timely, systematic, and complete acquisition of scope definition and related data for the package.
· When necessary aids Contractors in the development and integration of their schedules into the total project plan. Reviews the Contractor’s work logics and determines whether their schedules will adequately support the overall project schedule.
· Reviews completeness and reasonableness of quantities. Reviews and evaluates schedule durations, including rates of production, for Contractor’s activities relative to the support of project milestones.
· Reviews or assists in reviewing contract tender provisions related to scheduling and develops supporting data for contract negotiations.
· Under the supervision of the Lead Planner, performs schedule resource loading and leveling for the assigned sections of the project schedule. Completes development of all bulk commodity release and installation curves related to the assigned package. Determines quantity production levels in support of the project needs.
· Ensures activity and resource coding for the assigned sections of the project schedule is maintained.
· Obtains required schedule information from the contract package team. Identifies schedule restraints and their effects on the total project schedule. Works with the contract package team to ensure an understanding of the total project schedule needs. Identifies schedule considerations and problems resulting from inter-discipline and inter-contract restraints and interfaces with third parties and other stakeholders.
· Compiles, summarizes, updates, and maintains historical schedule data for the assigned package. Coordinates information input into specific studies. Evaluates study results and recommends conclusions for package team consideration and discussion.
· Responsible for review of Contractor’s schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to implement such plans.
· Interfaces with designated Delivery Partner management and WSACo counterparts for specific scheduling presentations.
· Responsible for the preparation of Schedule Change Notices, and associated schedule related trends, applicable to the assigned package.
· Responsible for aspects of 4D scheduling and BIM implementation as may be assigned by the Lead Planner.
· Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis.
· Skilled in oral and written communication.
· Proficiency with PC operating systems, with proficiency in several basic software applications. Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications currently used in Delivery Partner (Primavera and Microsoft Office Applications are essential. Power BI and Synchro 4D would also be good to have but not essential).
· Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes.
· Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
Education and Experience
Grade 26 – Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Construction Management or related field with nine years of project controls or planning related work experience. In lieu of Bachelor’s degree 15 years of project controls or planning experience
Grade 25 - Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Construction Management or related field with six years of project controls or planning related work experience. In lieu of Bachelor’s degree 12 years of project controls or planning experience.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
calendar_today1 day ago
work Bechtel Corporation