Software and Solutions Presales Technical Consultant Specialist (BB-3AE46)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Opportunity analysis :
• Gathers and assesses customer needs, both business and technical.
• Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion).
• Identifies site-specific and corporate parameters and constraints that impact the solution.
• Identifies required project steps.
• Identifies likely problem areas that require attention.
• Identifies probable competition and product roll-out data/training needs and evaluates relative HP strengths.
Solution Planning and Design :
• Architects an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer's business requirements.
• Investigates and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity, both current and future.
• Adapts solution design to new requirements.
• Establishes the validity of a solution and its components.
• Identifies the growth path and scalability options of a solution and includes these in design activities.
• Generates an implementation plan with timelines for the solution.
• Creates the appropriate test plan as required
• Anticipates some of the potential challenges for the proposed project plan.
• Anticipates and plans for competitive threats.
• Actively identifies opportunities to assist peers Regionally in area of expertise (e.g., writing white-papers).
• Maintains excellent communications with customer executive management across the Region.
• Represents HP as technical expert with customers; shares knowledge in area of expertise and links to related technology areas.
• Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques.
• Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor.
• Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
• Communicates and articulates the details of their component roles in a proposed customer solution.
Team collaboration :
• Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
• Analyzes and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed.
• Transfers knowledge to Presales peers via mentoring and contributing participation in peer education programs.
• Understands the roles and affectively engages other teams and resources within HP and partners.
• Identifies overlooked opportunities suggested by technical expertise.
• Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design.
Education and Experience Required :
• Technical University or Bachelor's degree.
• Typically 8-12 years experience in technical consultative selling and account management.
• Technical and/or solution experience in appropriate industry.
• Experience in vertical industry preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrates a broad knowledge of HP's technology & solutions, with deep expertise in area of specialization and related technologies.
• Knowledgeable in competitive solutions knowledge.
• Links HP solutions with data business center needs to create customer business value.
• Applies broad understanding of technical innovations & trends to solving customer business problems.
• Applies productivity-enhancing tools and processes.
• Solid credibility with HP's business units and account teams based on history of solid results and contributions.
• Establishes thought leadership in technical specialty area with customers.
• Demonstrated ability to work as the lead for large complex projects.
• Has a high level understanding of the HP product roadmaps for multiple BU's, and deep knowledge in area of specialization.
• Has demonstrated extensive hands-on level skills with some of the technology.
• Leverages financial and accounting concepts as well as capital investment concepts in demonstrating business value of proposed solutions to customers.
• Creates solutions that creatively address customer value chain and business requirements.
• Persuasively communicates the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals.
• Appropriately tailors communications to varying levels of customer management.
• Extensive level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges Solution selling.
• Demonstrates strong communications skills with executive managers, as well as some C-level executives.
• Leverages strong understanding of the competition - both positioning strategy and technology - to create competitive advantage for HP.
Thanks for taking the time to review our available position, if you think it is a match for your experience and interests please apply today – we are eager to learn more about you!
calendar_today16 hours ago