Head of Audit - Australia (BB-3080D)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:The position “Head of Internal Audit – Australia” will be based in Sydney and report directly to a the Head of Internal Audit, APAC. The position will be responsible for leading the Australia Internal Audit Plan.
Job Description Summary:
· Participate in the development of the Australia Internal audit plan and in its effective execution
· Review and report on the risk management framework.
· Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to prudential, compliance and legal risks in accordance with PayPal’s audit methodology and the established risk assessment framework.
· Coordinate the process for reporting progress and findings to board and management
· Identify compliance risks and act as business partner to Compliance.
· Manage risk assessment and business monitoring activities and the overall implementation of group audit methodology.
· Manage and execute audit assignments, draft audit issues for review by audit management, facilitate issue tracking and validate closure of issues.
· Pro-actively develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas and work in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally and globally.
· Develop and maintain key local regulatory experience.
· Keep current on AU specific business/industry changes and their effect on the business, audit plan/approach and risk assessments.
· Provide coaching and mentorship to less experienced teammates.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 12-15 years of External Audit, Internal Audit or Compliance experience within a large and high growth company that provides financial products and services, and proven experience in evaluating internal controls or compliance programs. Working experience and knowledge of Australian financial regulatory mandates (AUSTRAC and APRA) is required.
The successful candidate must possess:
· A working knowledge and understanding of prudential, consumer regulations and financial crimes risks in the Australian market.
· Excellent relationship and communication skills to build internal networks within the team and wider firm, and the ability to clearly articulate business risks and controls at the senior management level and Audit Committee.
· Excellent client relationship skills.
· Proactive approach in managing engagements and seeking ways to add value.
· A team player with excellent time and project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects at one time.
· Design audit test programs and hands on ability to execute and oversee audits including ability to evaluate the adequacy of system and manual controls.
· Have excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
· Demonstrate ability to see the big picture, analyze risks and make recommendations for improvements to mitigate those risks.
· Experience with regulators and the regulatory exam process.
· A passion for understanding the unique PayPal community, along with a passion for understanding the online payments business
· Ability to travel 10-15% of time.
· Execute a range of internal audit projects from the planning and execution through to reporting
· Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with client at all levels from management through to Executives, Audit Committees, and Boards.
· Identify and deliver on value added services to the client.
· Provide clients with strategic and operational solutions to their needs.
· Support the internal audit strategies and methodologies for the Australia market.
· Working knowledge of Prudential, Financial risk and consumer regulations in the AU market.
· Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, Certified Internal Auditor, or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
· Big 4 or Financial Services Experience
· Experience using audit data repository, work paper documentation, risk assessment tools such as TeamMate
Our world-class culture is something we’re proud of. We’re committed to creating a thriving and inclusive workplace with great benefits including:
· Health insurance
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Social and wellness programs
· Recognition Awards (Spot Awards)
· Support for new parents
Primary Location:Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Posted 30+ Days Ago
At PayPal we are reimagining money, democratizing financial services, and giving people more ways to safely connect to their money and to each other. We are purpose-driven and looking for people who want to join us at the forefront of the digital payments revolution.
Learn more about privacy-related questions or data retention.
Please note that this site has updated features that can’t run on older versions of Internet Explorer. Please use IE11 or MS Edge for an optimal experience.
calendar_today3 days ago
work PayPal, Inc.