Quality Manager (BB-4DEFA)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk AU
As the Quality Manager you will understand the customer service side as well as the compliance, being able to work from the warehouse and head office, being able to check shipments and dealing with the buyers. This is a exciting, diverse role for a global company.
Intimate understating and knowledge of Furniture bulky goods retailing and /or manufacturing.
Strong network within the industry and a respected profile.
Prior experience in quality management, manufacturing and/or compliance (consumer product experience is an advantage)
Intermediate knowledge of MS Office
Strong Understanding of Product Safety, Australian Standards and Australian Consumer Law and Illegal Logging Act
Cost of Quality
Quality P & L. Meet and exceed budget goals by leading quality team
Improving product quality to drive reduce warranty and returns claims.
Increasing vendor claim recovery for product claims
Manage national returns to maximise cost recovery
Work with Store teams to better control store claim and recoveries from suppliers.
Manage wages and other departmental expenses.
Maintain monthly Total Cost of Quality (TCoQ) to measure costs across Quality, Customer Service and 3PL charges that relate to quality activities.
New Product Development / Product Quality
Work with Buying Team, Agents, Sourcing Office and vendors to ensure new products meet mandatory product standards. This includes product testing, packaging, assembly, finishing and functionality
Travel with buyers locally and overseas
Quality Reports through information analysis to provide visibility of quality issues based on customer service and system return data.
Assist Suppliers to ensure appropriate Quality Control monitoring in product manufacturing and inspection of goods for shipment.
Respond pro-actively to all store and supplier issues and inquiries whilst taking a as well as other areas to reduce quality issues such as product training, store communications etc
Maintain and update Quality Specification Documents and Product Testing Schedule for key product categories
Liaise with buying team and marketing on product samples
* Ensure Supply Chain compliance in key areas
Product Compliance & Safety
* Work with quality team to liaise with key stakeholders such as customer service, stores and product safety committee to improve product safety
* Chair product safety committee
* Audit and check product compliance to ensure that standards are maintained. Undertake product safety reviews as required.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge and insights into best-practice and emerging trends in product safety and compliance including relevant legislation such as Illegal Logging Act, Australian Consumer Law other similar state and national laws.
* Training and update key-stakeholders in business regarding product safety.
* Manage any product recalls, product withdrawals, product safety incidents, bio-hazard incidents and similar. Ensure these matters are dealt with promptly and efficiently whilst ensuring all related costs can be claimed against party at fault
Product Returns and Cost Recovery
* Work closely with national 3rd Party Logistic (3PL) providers on:
o Managing product returns to ensure that costs are recovered.
o Ensure product returns are controlled and maintained correctly in the warehouse management systems
o Manage outbound QC of selected products and customer service / store dockets
* Work closely with Kings Park based quality team in above tasks and on-site repairs.
* Maintain and update policies and procedures related to product return management.
* Report weekly on key metrics such as:
o Product returns, values / units and CBM by State.
o Product returns, being receipted in and adjusted out in the WMS.
o Items being repaired by value and provide insights on cause of damage and proposed corrective action.
* Work with internal product teams to train and educate on good quality product standards and practices that they need to apply when sourcing products.
* Identify 3rd party clearance operators to clear goods
* Provide recommendations and in-sights to 3PL on product storage, handling and delivery techniques and minimise product damages through our Logistics Networks.
* Manage and maximise the supplier claims process relating to product failures and returns.
* Ensure the accurate and timely reporting of claims.
Spare Parts and Administration
* Ensure teams provide timely service in execution of spare part requests. Ensure that team maintain spare part area and maintain good stock control.
* Approve and sign off on all franchisee claims prepared by team. Ensure that costs and party at fault are correctly attributed.
* Approve and sign off on all 3rd party service provider invoices. Ensure that costs and party at party are correctly attributed.
* Approve and sign off on all postage and repair costs.
* Motivate all staff to achieve key result areas.
* Conduct effective recruitment and selection of staff.
* Ensure training needs are regularly assessed and addressed.
* Manage staff performance through recognising, coaching, monitoring, counselling and disciplining staff in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
calendar_today2 days ago
work Frontline Recruitment Group