Delicatessen Assistant - Casual Positions (BB-CBA7C)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
- Award Wages
- Opportunity to work within a great team culture
- Excellent career growth opportunities
- Progressive family owned company that is flexible to your needs
Bernardi's are looking for a bright, bubbly and helpful DELICATESSAN ASSISTANT for our Supermarket.
ABOUT THE ROLE....
In this position you are the ‘face’ of the Bernardi Group. The Deli Assistant is required to stock and replenish the Deli Display Case & associated displays as well as provide our valued customers enthusiastic and friendly customer service and assist with their questions or queries as required. A key aspect of this role is the ability to work as a member of a team.
In this role you will be Responsible for
- Strong culture of safety at all times including the correct use of carton cutter, ladders & trolleys
- Undertake the departments procedures as per the Bernardi Group standard
- Effective communication
- Provide excellent customer service to our valued customers
- Assist our valued customers with product selection as required
- Stock, replenish and rotate Deli display case and displays
- Ensure the Deli cabinet and associated displays are always merchandised to the highest standard.
- The use of commercial ovens including BBQ chickens
- The Preparation of Deli lines for sale. Including slicing, cutting, cooking and general food prep.
- Receive Deli deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy
- Assist in the timely and efficient break down of loads as they are delivered
- Assist in undertaking stocktakes
- Maintain all workbench, storage and general areas to clean/high standards at all times
- Adhere to all food safety regulations
- Other duties, as required
IS THIS YOU.....?
- Well presented
- Professional and Excellent communication skills with an extrovert persona
- Good organisational skills and a high standard of hygiene
- Customer service focused
- Understanding of supermarket best practice
- Enthusiasm to work within a team environment
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK SKILL REQUIREMENTS - desired but not essential
- Recent relevant work experience
- Demonstrated understanding and willingness to provide excellence in customer service
- Demonstrated experience and or interest in speciality fresh foods
- Food safety certification (Desirable)
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Certificate II or III in Retail (Desirable)
We are a dynamic family owned company operating independent supermarkets in the Central West and Riverina areas of New South Wales. With a focus on fresh food, our vision is to deliver an exceptional shopping experience for our customers through quality produce, everyday lower prices and by supporting local growers and businesses.
The Bernardi Group have been providing local residents of Country NSW with an independent grocery alternative since 1969, with the first store operating as a fruit market. Bernardi's now operate large format supermarkets and employ over 500 people in the Central west and Riverina.
HOW TO APPLY....
We are not currently asking for a resume from you. Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role. Shortlisted applicants may be requested to submit a resume at a later date.
This is the perfect opportunity to join a supportive team environment where the company rewards its employees by providing great working conditions, ongoing training and up-skilling to set you up in a career.
No recruitment agencies please
calendar_today1 day ago
work Bernardi Group