Team Leader, Youth Justice (BB-F98DE)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Description:Team Leader writeAgency('Youth Justice'); Youth Justice
Townsville North Youth Justice Service Centre; Region - Northern Queensland; Youth Justice Regional Services; Kirwan
Team Leaders supervise a multi-disciplinary team of youth justice staff to ensure the provision of high quality, court, casework and restorative justice services to young offenders, their families and victims, with the aim of reducing re-offending.
One of the referees should be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person who can attest to the applicant’s background, knowledge, skills and experience as they relate to the cultural capabilities.
Possession of a tertiary degree relevant to the role such as social work, behavioural science or social science, criminology or other recognised degree [see the Other important information section in the attached role profile regarding other recognised degrees].
Travel is a requirement of this position, therefore, it is a requirement that the applicant hold a current “C” Class Drivers licence.
• Provide supervision to staff in the use of evidenced based skills, programs and processes associated with reductions in re-offending.
• Allocate, prioritise, perform and quality assure individual tasks in accordance with departmental procedures and statutory, financial and administrative delegations.
• Participate in professional development and maintain knowledge of contemporary, evidence based practice in work with young offenders, including relevant accredition as required.
• Oversee the suicide risk management process in the youth justice service centre.
• Provide timely advice and assistance on complex matters to ensure the delivery of quality youth justice casework and restorative justice practices.
• Participate as a member of the youth justice service centre staff and management teams and contribute to strategic and operational planning, reviews and key decision-making.
• Develop collaborative, professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate cooperation on case related matters and restorative justice processes.
• Assist in identifying trends and issues in client service delivery and evaluating client outcomes, including performance reporting, to ensure coordinated local service delivery.
• Provide ongoing recruitment, selection, professional development, supervision and leadership to staff.
• Contribute to a departmental culture that ensures sensitive and effective communication with people from other cultures including people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds as well as an appreciation of cultural protocols and an awareness of the impacts of historical policies and practices.
Applications to remain current for months.Further information
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights ( ) and diversity ( ).
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
calendar_today2 days ago
info Temporary Full-time
location_onTownsville City, Australia
work Youth Justice