Full Time - Senior Support Worker (BB-1BBE8)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
SACARE are currently seeking multiple Full-Time Senior Support Workers to join the team. This is a unique opportunity for experienced individuals to play a significant role in delivering quality, person centred care for our clients in their homes and community.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will not only be responsible for SACARE’s first impressions, you will have the key role of being the initial care provider to our new clients in addition to back filling any vacant shifts across the community. This position will have daily access to a company vehicle to assist you in covering shifts across the metropolitan area.
The successful candidate must be well presented, highly organised, and possess the relevant skills, qualifications and experience to provide individualised care to our clients. This includes, but is not limited to personal care, medication management, continence management, pyscho-social support, community participation, domestic assistance, and transport.
This position will cover the Adelaide metro and its surrounding suburbs. An ability to travel to different locations at short notice is essential.
To be considered for a position within the SACARE family, you must have:
- Certificate III or higher in Aged Care, Disability Services or Community Services
- Current DHS Disability Clearance
- Working With Children Check
- Current Provided First Aid Certificate
- Current Manual Handling Certificate
- Unrestricted Driver’s License
- Previous Medication Management
- Previous Continence Management Competency
What you will be responsible for:
- Provide individualised care to our clients in-home. This includes, but is not limited to personal care, medication management, continence management, pyscho-social support, and community participation.
- Assisting people to perform daily activities essential to their lives and supporting clients to be independent.
- Facilitating daily personal hygiene, grooming, and dressing tasks
- Assisting with home based tasks such as meal preparation, cleaning, and laundry.
- Undertaking tasks outside the home such as shopping, support with social activities, and attending appointments.
- Ensuring a varied program of tailored social activities for the client/s
All candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- 2 years minimum experience working as a Disability Support worker, providing in-home care or within a Supported Accommodation Facility
- An evident passion and commitment to your role as a Disability Support Worker
- The ability to empower our clients and encourage independence through a client-centered approach
- Reliability and adaptability in order to meet the needs of our clients and the changing dynamic of the industry
- Build rapport and engage with a diverse range of individuals
- Understanding of and ability to, advocate for the organisations mantra and core values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with Level 3 Participants
- Highly organised.
This is a valuable opportunity for candidates who are seeking a vibrant and professional working environment, where their contribution is truly recognised and valued.
Advantages of working at SACARE:
- Daily access to company vehicle and paid fuel
- Competitive remuneration package
- Flexible working environment
- Pet friendly office for well behaved pet
- Fully stocked fridge of breakfast and lunchables
- Onsite gym and regular PT sessions with our in-house trainer
- Social events
- In house training
- Great team culture (we work hard and make sure we have fun along the way)
Please be sure to include a current CV outlining your relevant experience & skills. You will be required to upload a short video and answer 3 questions.
SACARE is a South Australian owned and operated organisation leading the way in providing innovative in-home and supported accommodation care solutions to a diverse range of clients. The organisation lives by the mantra "if it's not fun, don't come" and aims to inject a strong sense of fun and vibrancy into everything we do. We are passionate about the delivery of professional, client-centered care for individuals living with complex needs and aim to create an empowering, engaging environment for all of our employees.
“This is not a job. It’s a responsibility. If it were a job, you could work anywhere. You’re here to transform care and change lives. In return, yours will be transformed.”
People are the centre of everything we do.
calendar_today5 days ago