Management Accountant Jetstar (BB-762B7)
Found in: Neuvoo AU
Australia’s largest inflight caterer, we are chosen by many of the world’s airlines for our fresh award-winning meals and outstanding service.
Offering a suite of services, we are more than an inflight caterer. We also manage buy-on-board catering programs, provide inflight retail solutions, operate airport lounges and provide readymade meal manufacturing for export, airline and non-airline markets.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 270 airline customers around the world.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Full-Time Management Accountant Jetstar to join our team in Coolangatta.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, you will work closely with the Jetstar Finance Team to deliver comprehensive planning, analysis and reporting functions across all Jetstar businesses under management. As a key liaison and conduit between stakeholders, this role will drive key initiatives including implementing new and efficient finance processes and automation of reports.
- Manage the contractual deliverables against calendar of activities to ensure appropriate level of accountabilities sit with various roles within Finance team.
- Work closely with Financial Accountants to understand the P&L and variances
- Directly manage and supervise the Account Payables team
- Coordinate and Prepare monthly (or ad-hoc) KPI Reporting for JQ
- Provide critical analysis and commentary and ability to present to stakeholders as required
- Review of Balance Sheet account reconciliations and escalate anomalies for action
- Prepare annual baseline P&L to calculate remuneration
- Implement and maintain a new suite of Power BI Reporting to enable dynamic review and analysis of JQ performance including dashboards and scorecards.
- Creation and implementation of new reports as required by dnata catering managers, Jetstar and stakeholders including automation of financials statements
- Perform audits of key processes including reconciliation of data with key back-end systems and Dnata’s financial system (JDE)
- Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement of Finance and Reconciliation processes, and work with the dnata catering/JQ team to implement agreed changes
- Provide back up and coverage for Jetstar Financial Accountants, as necessary
- Document and share key processes that impact JQ P&L including flowcharts
- CA, CGMA or CPA Qualified
- Minimum 2+ years business analysis or financial management experience
- Exceptional communication skills across full stakeholder spectrum.
- Strong technical accounting skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Advanced Power BI skills will be highly desirable.
- Ability to multitask and manage your time efficiently.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates strong organisational / time management skills.
- Ability to handle challenging situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders in a high volume, high value environment.
- Possess a high degree of professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an analytical and methodical approach.
We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
calendar_today19 hours ago
work dnata catering